advice please!! (about weight)

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
ok,i am 27 and 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow (due sept 16th). im 5'6 and weighed 146 when i got pregnant. i was told i was in normal bmi range and i need to gain about 30 lbs during pregnancy. well my last dr app was march first and fully dressed on his scale i weighed about 154,so i had gained a total of about 8 lbs so far. well today i weighed myself at home (which my scale is always right on with the drs),and it says 173 lbs!!! how can i possibly have gained 20 lbs since march 1st?i am still wearing my regular clothes(size 9/11 in juniors),which my shirts that was fitted are a tad tighter now,but i dont have to extend my jeans button or anything. im so shocked right now. i have gained almost my whole 30 lbs. could there possibly be somethin wrong?? should i call my dr tomorrow about this? lol,i dont mean to sound crazy,i just cant believe this.

Comments

• 20 lbs since the 1st is like 5 pounds a week which is too much usually. Everyone is different so you might be fine. But I would call the doc and see if they would like to have you come in and get looked at.
  • thats what i was thinking! sounds like way too much and my eating habits are about the same. thanks for your advice
  • R u sure the scale is right??? The scale has to b wrong... I'm not trying to scare u but 30lbs for 16wks doesn't sound too right something could b wrong just double check with ur doc bcuz at the end of my first pregnancy I gained 7lbs in 5 days n they thought I had preeclampsea (spelling?) I didn't have it thou but I still had to end up being induced
  • Are u gettn ur exercise? I shouldn't b talking bcuz I haven't.. I am supeerr caucious bout mii weight..since I weighed 178 before bby..so I'm not tryn to gain much..n im also 5"6... They said I should gain between 15 nd 25.. I'm leaning more towards 15!! Haha!! I've gained 4 probably 5,6,7 lbs by now nd im 20 weeks
    .. I eat alot of fruit... Junk food too though n don't exercise which I should b but I believe ur okay.. Like she said every ones different.. Plus if u breast feed it will come off right away :)) good luck kommy :)
  • yeh im pretty sure they are right. i went on a weighing spree with all my kids and it was pretty accurate with all of them. i think i will call the dr tomorrow. thank you :)
  • @naliibby no i havent exercised a lot,my nausea just left about 2 weeks ago,and i planned on starting then but things have been so busy i havent yet. thanks
  • Have u had ur glucose test? Did u have gestational diabetes with ur other kids?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • no i havent had glucose test yet,and never had a problem with diabetes in the past either,im stumped. i agree with you on the water retention and the boobs lol! but what i dont get about that is my hands normally swell if its fluid which causes my rings to get tight and i usually end up takin them off,but that hasnt happened,and boobs are some bigger but i havent even went up a bra size yet.