monthly visit and ultrasound... NERVOUS!

edited January 2011 in Second Trimester
I'm 17 weeks now and have my monthly visit and ultrasound tomorrow. I am so nervous that something is going to be wrong. My poor baby has been through so much especially the past couple weeks. I got elbowed by my 5 year old, ninja kicked by my dog, and given a med that I found out I shouldn't have taken because it causes birth defects (after I tok 2 doses). My right side of my belly feels bruised. I hope I am paranoid. Also I have a random question: do they do internal exams every month (I can't remember). I want to be prepared.

Comments

• Ooh I want to know too... im 17 weeks and have my apt next week too. I hope not another pap. I know I really have to get used to it but this oat first and I just hate them! No matter what it always hurts & is uncomfortable ... not something to look forward to. Im paranoid about my apt too. I have no idea whats going to happen so I hope you get some answers for the both of us:)
  • *oops my phone. I meant this IS MY first (first pregnancy) still not used to all the poking & prodding lol
  • I will never get used to it. LOL. I will let u know what happens. Good luck with your appointment next week.
  • Okay good news ladies
  • Thanks good luck to u too! I don't get an ultrasound next week though... that would make it something more to look forward too:) do u get to find out the sex tomorrow??
  • No exam! Just the external ultrasound, blood work and the doc will ask if you have questions. That is basically how your they will go for a bit. I'm 22 wks and that's all mine are.
  • You shouldn't have to worry about another internal exam until you're in the last month. I am sure everything will be fine! Maybe you'll get to find out if your baby has a hamburger or a hot dog! Exciting!
  • I am totally looking forward to the ultrasound. It will answer so many questions (including the sex) and hopefully put my mind at ease. Hearing about all the late miscarriages makes me extra paranoid. Thanks for the support.
  • Update! Everything is great. Another girl for me! Was just paranoid mama to be. No internal which is great. Thanks again everyone.
  • Congrats! We found out we were having girl #2 yesterday!
  • Congrats ladies!! I have an appt for this wkend...he'll do blood tests and order the ultrasound! I'm soo excited! Can't wait!
  • Congrats! How exciting :)
  • Congrats ladies!! no need to worry thou you won't have any internal examinations until ur supposedly in labour or have any problems in the mean time, I'm 29 weeks and the worst thing I've had happen so far is a blood test! U have 1 at ur scan then another at 28 weeks! Good luck every1 :]