Can u have a natural birth after a C-section???

edited April 2011 in November 2011
My first son was by c section cause of pre term labor. Can I have a vaginal birth after a c section cause I heard once u hav a c section dats how u have to have birth for the rest of your pregnancies???

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • :> thanks cause I really want to experience da pushin & da breathin lol
  • Yea you can have a natural birth its called VBAC (Vaginal birth after c-section) but if the doc thinks you might tear your incision from before he might not let you do it
  • Ok thanks for da info :)
  • My doc said no u can tear from ur old c section..onces u have a c section they wont let u even try
  • I had a c section wit my first to... And really wanna kno wat labor feel like cause I felt no pain until after I had her... I wanna experience da breathing and pushing to... I kno it mite sound crazy but I do!!!
  • Ill google it and look more into it...
  • I read that u definitely can...unusual..but u can ask obgyn!!!!
  • You can,my second was c section had three vbacs after n now w twins as long as they r positioned right I can deliver vag talk to ur Dr it depends on the situation n ur Dr ..... gl n God Bless ;)
  • If u had pre term labor most likely they did was is called a classical (vertical) not a bikini (horizontal). Because ur uterus is still thick on the bottom where they do a bikini. I had my twin boys (lost one) @ 26 wks they did a classical c-section because of it. So I had to have my daughter c-section & I ruptured all the way to my cervix with her. Even if u had a bikini I would ask my Dr to check the integrity of the scar if I were u just to make sure it is safe.
  • I wanted a vbac with my daughter I was so bummed out when they told me I couldn't have one but obviously it was for the best I would still like to know what real labor is like. :-S
  • I had preterm and had da bikini cut. But I think imma have a c section wit dis one cause of my incompetent cervix. :( guess i'll neva experience da screaming and da pushin.
  • Thanks alot!!!! I really want to have birth naturally so I will talk more wit my doc...once again thank u ladies for da advice :)
  • I had a c-section with my first and a vaginal with my second. It can be done. My doctor said there was a chance of my uterine wall rupturing, but she was going to wait and see how baby was coming and how I was laboring. Everything was good, I had a vbac. It was awesome
  • There is also a risk of rupture with a bikini yes it is somewhat rare but it can happen. I guess it makes me nervous cause I know people that it has happened to. & they had to have a hysterectomy because they tried labor. I would have ur Dr look @ the scar on ur uterus just to make sure if I were u. If it looks good I say go for it & wish I was u lol. Good luck! I'll b praying for u that u can have a natural birth with absolutely no complications.
  • Its definitely possible. I had a c-section with my 1st because he was breech and I had 2 vbac after that. I guess it all depends on the reason why you had a c-section and your doc.
  • I did it and recommend it to any Mum who is willing to try natural. It was such a calmer and more beautiful experience then the c-section. The drs tried to bully me into a second c-section but i did alot of research and found my chances of problems were higher with a planned section then vbac. Also i only had 14 months between having my section and getting pregnant again. You can do it :-)