Home Births

edited April 2011 in Military moms
What is all the hype about home births? I am not trying to make people mad or upset anyone. Just trying to get insight on people's thinking. I am a paranoid person when it comes to health so I will always have my kids in the hospital. But for the mothers that want home births doesn't it bother you all the things that could go wrong? You can not always deliver a breech baby without harming the baby, shoulder dystocia needs a doctor or VERY experienced midwife, a prolapsed cord is immediate c-section to save your child, what would you do or how would you know if the baby is in distress or if the placenta pulls away from the wall?? I don't want to scare anyone just want understanding that is all.

Comments

• Sorry this wasn't suppose to go in military moms. But any mothers insight would be great. Thanks :)
  • I do agree. That's the big reason I choose hospital but many women like the comfort of their own home and like to be not monitored as closely and not told what they can and can't do. But me personally, I would never choose a home birth as the risks can outweigh the positives, but everyone is different. :)
  • Most hospitals will give you space and you don't have to be on the monitors all the time if you are not high risk or if you are not on pit or mag. I also think more hospitals should have birthing centers for water births and things like that to give women what they want in a safe environment.
  • I agree 100% hun.