Pacifier Addiction Help!!!

edited April 2011 in Parenting
My 2 year old twins refuse to give up their pacifiers! We've been trying until they turned 1. Any advice on how to get them to stop using them?

Comments

• Only let them have them at bed time and maps and when they fall asleep take them that's what I did with my son but he was a little over 3 it is hard
  • Just take it and throw them away when they fall asleep. Say "the paci fairy came and had to give their pacis to new babies who needed them" that what I did with my 2 year old! She cried for a day...But you gotta fight through it "/
  • I had my son throw his in the incinerator as a game and he was so exited then when he asked for it I said don't u remember u threw them out? And that was the end of that. Make it a game
  • I agree, you have to throw them away or get rid of them somehow. Get the pacifiers out of the house. That's what I did with my son right before he turned 1. If they cry, help them cope in other ways. Pay them extra attention. Trust me, they'll forget about the pacifiers eventually. :)
  • edited April 2011
    I seen that once on supernanny..." the paciy fairy"
    What she did was told them another bby needed them so the they put it in something and said the paciy fairly will come and take it and leave a thank you..then they did that and the next day they check the mail and the" the paciy fairy" came and left a big envelope with (whatever you want it to be) and they put glitter and feathers w it..it seem to work..good luck:)
  • Thanks for the advice!
  • @beatrice1436 my mom did something close to that it was around xmas when she wanted to get rid of mine so she had me mail it to santa to give to a new baby.
  • Cut the tips, they won't want them anymore!!!
  • @camommy..did it work!? ..i mean when u were a bby? Or were you over it once you got ur gift?
  • edited April 2011
    Wait Until christmas. Get them their own little trees. Tell them how ever many pacis they hang up and give to santa, he will give them that many x tra presents. Start now with only giving it to them for naps and night night. Pacifiers are easier to get rid of then fingers....
  • As far as I know I was over it when I sent it