Moms to children close in age

After being diagonosed with PCOS at age 17 my doctor told me it would be difficult or not very likely that I would have biological children. At 17, it hurt a little but having kids had to be one of the furthest things from my mind. Fast forward some years and I was so shocked to find out I was pregnant with my first in Jan 2010. She was born in Aug 2010 just as happy and healthy as could be! In Jan we found out we were pregnant again! My due date is this Sept...so my children will be about 13 months apart. I'm doing my best to deal with adjusting to another pregnancy so soon but was hoping to find some other mothers who are (or were) in the same situation. How did you juggle work, dealing with a infant, a household, etc. and stay sane? Heeeelp!

Comments

• That's A Blessing, Congrats Im Due Sept 5
  • You'll make it work my kids are far apart and my sons going to be two and a half when the new baby comes
  • I had my youngest daughter In july, and I'm due sept 9. They will be about 14 months apart. I also have an almost 4 year old. I'm losing my mind
  • I have 15year old 36 & 21 month old. I am due in August with my 4th. I go to school full time. You just take it day by day, do what you can, and remember your babies are only little once and you can never get this time back again. You will never be able to do everything that you feel You should just remember to do the most important things first and that is making sure your babies know they are loved.
  • Awww congrats. My oldest boys are 16 months apart then there is a 4 year gap and I have another boy then 4 years later I have another boy and am pregnant again and my last baby and this baby will be 13 months apart.
  • Thanks for the kind words ladies. @snreda I'm trying to avoid loosing mine..
  • My 2 and 3 year old are 14 months apart. And this baby will be 27 months younger than my 2 year old.
  • Mine are close too. My oldest two are twelve months apart and my youngest will be ten months apart! So in june I will have a five year old,a four year old, a ten month old, and a new born! My best advice is put them on a sleeping schedule asap.. You will be so fearful for the time to unwind... And dont stress. It isn't as hard as you think it will be.
  • I'm due may 11 with number 3...my oldest turned 2 march 19 and my middle won't be a yr til may 24. I'm a stay at home mom and some days I swear I should b put in a nut house, but they r now at an age where they r really starting to love each other...they will lay together during nap time and my lil one just lives being w his big brother. He likes to beat on his lil brother but I don't think that changes much w a larger age gap. The big thing to staying sane...once every month-couple of months, get away...a date night or girls night or whatever. My hubby and I try to go out once a month for a fun night just the two of us...it makes me appreciate him more and it gives me a chance to miss the kids again. Good luck. Congrats. And God bless
  • I am glad to see this post I don't feel so alone. My daughter was born in august 2010 and in january I found out I was pregnant again and due in September. The only hard part is my husband is in the army and we still don't know if he will be around for the birth and of douse help.
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one I just had my first in November and just found out I'm preg again and due in October I'm still trying to adjust
  • I had my daughter march 2010 and I'm due in oct. I'm also trying to stay sane.
  • @mom60511 that was the best advice.its so true.
    @AndThenTheyWere2 I had a 3yr old,a 13month old and a newborn.it really wasn't that bad.they kept each other busy all the time.you are going to need alot of energy but its so much fun.enjoy every second of it.mom60511 said it the best.
  • Im pregnant with #5 now and my 18month old will be 23months and im more worried now than I was with my 3yr old and 13month old bc my 18 month old son is like 3kids in one but I just have to remind myself just like mom60511 said and it will be ok.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My youngest 2 girls r 18 months apart and i love it. They r 2 peas in a pod. :) good luck to u mama. It will be great... ur just gonna b tired for a while. ;)
  • @lucky7 I have a sign in my babies room that says: cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow for babies grow up much to our sorrow, so quiet down cobwebs,dust go to sleep... I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep. Look at it when ever I am mad my house isn't as clean as I want it to be.
  • Im a stay at home mom of a 16 month old girl. Im due with a boy in June so my kids will be 18 months apart. My daughter is a pretty good baby so hopefully it wont be too hard for me.
  • Mine will be 14 mo apart. My husband and I both work. He's full time and im part time. We both go to school full time(3 classes a quarter each) and im actually starting grad school in sept. We have the messiest apartment with one clean room, the living room bc we spend almost all our time there. Clutter is far from the worst thing in the world. It did take me some time to be ok with the mess bc im used to having a clean place
  • @mom60511 that is great!I need something like that for my whole house.when I had the 3lil ones I was a clean freak but that was 9yrs ago I had alot more energy then.I live by the words on your sign now.there is so, ugh I don't let drive me crazy anymore.I've learned how what's important over the years.
  • My 2 will b 18m apart... I'm dealing with it fine now idk how it will b once baby comes since my first is the only baby in the house I don't think she'll like sharing the attention... so I'm just gonna take it day by day
  • @roomfor1more i'm worried about the same thing. My baby girl is the only little one in the house and i'm worried that she'll become jealous or react negatively to having to share the spot light. At this moment in time she's "spoiled" in the sense that she always has all of our attention. Shes so bright and bubbly and i dont want that to EVER change. Right now she's only 7 1/2 months so its not like i can explain it to her in any terms that she would understand right now. I hope the transition for both our little girls is smooth and easy.
  • I have a 2 and 3 year old. I found out I was pregnant with my 2 year old when my 3 year old was 5 months old. Talk about shock! They get along fine. I played it up with my older one having him look at all the cute babies in stores and other places. Now They call eachother best friends :-) and I'm expecting another in November and my 3 year old son says he has a baby in his belly too lol. Good luck Im sure everything will be perfect!
  • edited April 2011
    @Allymamaof4 wow! You have to be 1 busy mommy! I've worked in childcare for years so i'm used to dealing with 6-10 children at a time but I can always remember thinking at the end of the day, i get to clock out and go home. Of course, I want the best for the little ones that i provide for at work but i never had to deal with the MAJOR decisions in their lives. With your own its so different. Nobody will ever love them and care for them quite like mommy does so i want to make sure i do it "right".
  • I have a 2 and 3 years old toddlers and I am pregnant with my 3 I am 18 weeks pregnant and I am having a baby boy!!! :)
  • I have an april 1, 2010 baby and I am due with my second on may 24, 2011 :)
  • I have 2 boys. 1 was born sept 2 2008 the other was sept. 21 2009 there 12 months and 2 wks apart