i am SO frustrated!!!! but i know its for the baby and my health....

edited April 2011 in High risk pregnancy
ive been dizzy and almost passed out twice at work this week once on tuesday and once on thursday both days around 1030 in the morning. the first time ithought it was just my blood sugar or something. the second time it happened it scared the bat shit outta me. i called my ob and she said come in asap bc im high risk bc of past history of seizures and theres a lot of autoimmune illnesses in my family history as well. so i went in this morning and she tlaked to me about the syptoms i had and said those werent normal first trimester pregnancy signs of dizziness and that she needed blood work bc she thinks i still have mono and the flu (i had them at the same time back in mid feb) and she also is referring me to a neurologist.

heres the kicker though: she wants me to quit my job. she says i didnt get enough rest the first time i had mono and the flu and i need more rest. i agree with her but i dont want to lose my job so i asked if she thought me going down to part time hours would b okay. she said yes but u cant work weekends.

im gonna go crazy being at home all day!!!!! i definitely wont want to lay down in bed all day. i know shes right and this is a good thing i have a n obgyn thats actually gives a shit about me and my babys needs but i feel like shit bc my fiance already does so much in his store he manages a shoe store and theyre number 4 in the district which is amazing but i dont want him to have to work his ass off if i lose my job then he will have all the responisibility and hes already stressed as it is! i dont want more tension between us and i talked to him about all this and he said babe do what u need to do if u need to rest all the time i will work my butt off for the two of us its my responsibility, i know hes very sweet but he doesnt realize now how much stress hes gonna b under im scared im gonna lose him if i lose my job :(

he wants me and the baby to be okay i know that but its like nothings working in our favor right now.

on a better note however, i did hear the babys heartbeat on a handheld doppler thingy :D its 160 and im 11 weeks. babys strong and healthy so im releived about that much. :)

Comments

• Talk to human resource director, since you are high risk you might be able to go on fmla leave, may or may not be paid but it will save your job for at least 12 weeks I think, I know what you mean I am high risk as well I had to quit my job when I worked 12 hr shifts or 16 or u days a week, but I just kept telling myself its for the best. I wish you the best of luck sweetie & defiantly speak with your hr director.
  • I am in the same boat as you! The only difference is I am 33 weeks.

My doctor says I am at too high of risk for pre term labor, and it's best for baby and I to rest. I was sickened by the idea of bedrest and wanted to work part time, ans he said the same thing, that it was okay but no weekend work!

When I discussed this with my HR department, they told me it was in my best interest to go on disability until baby is born, then my paid maternity would go into play.

I feel better knowing I'll have somewhat of a steady income, but I feel bad because I was pretty much the only person who knew my job function in and out. We hired someone to backfill while I was out, and when I come back, we'll have permanent help so I won't be bombarded upon return.

Just remember its hard to accept, I cry still because I feel guilty lol, but it's in your and baby's best interest. :)
  • thank you but its a family owned christian grocery store so we dont really have an "hr" anything..... ill see what i can do. i havent been there for a year yet till june. so everything rests on me being there for a year. and it cant bc i havent been there long enough for anything i say to make a difference

but thank you for the kind words... it helps that u went through all this as well. :)
  • @bke913

yea i had no idea id be high risk or that id have to go on bedrest this early in my prgnancy. im only 11 weeks :/ so i doubt that my work will provide me with any income and our states disability only works if i was fired or laid off from my job. soooo i guess we will have to see how that turns out...

and thank you too. i keep telling myself its for the babys best interest and mine second of course but all i want is a healthy happy baby so ill do what it take no matter how hard it is for me
  • I am 35 weeks now and high risk. My doc put me on bedrest twice, once for threatened miscarriage. That time, I stayed on it for over three months. It was tough and I felt so guilty and, frankly, useless. However, my last two pregnancies were miscarriages and I wanted to do any and everything I could to make sure it didn't happen again, so I toughed it out.

@kdaniels You said something about working for a christian grocery, do you attend a church? If so, they may have some program where volunteers could come and help you at home, that way you could work your part time hours and then come home and go straight to bed and not have to worry as much about housework or burdening your fiance. Speaking of, though, it sounds like he's a good guy and wants to take care of you and the baby. It doesn't sound like he's the type who would walk away from you when you need him most. Try not to stress (yeah, like that advice ever works lol), take it easy, and good luck.