MIL and baby names (long)

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
So Im only 14 weeks but we have already picked out a girl and a boy name. We have decided not to tell anyone the names until the baby is born. We are doing this because my inlaws feel that they have the right tell their sons what to name thier babies. When my nephews were born they lectured my BIL and SIL onwhy they couldnt name their boys the names that they had picked and told them what to name thier kids. Of course my brother and sister in law didnt listen. well my mil heard we werent telling names and got upset. She called my sil to tell her we were being weird and rude for not telling anyone. The same day she called me with a list of girl names on what she thinks we should name the baby if its a girl. I know Im hormonal right now but come on, its our baby not hers. Sorry had to vent.

Comments

• Ummmmm weirdos... sorry but I think your doing the right thing...
    Controling much!!! Geees
  • edited April 2011
    Ignore it! I might have gone off and told her to kick rocks myself, but I think my MIL is Satan in the flesh....you might like yours :P
  • Sorry girl just stick to ur guns
  • You go girl! My husband and I are not sharing our names.... I'm not even preg yet but wer have names chosen! Thats to bad tho how your mil is. Your right its your kids not hers! She has no say in it!
  • Haha my mil is the same way! Every name we said we liked she didn't! She even wants us to name our lill girl after her!!" No way! So now me and hubby are not telling what we are naming her.

Everytime she asks we tell her a way crazy name like missy or tulip lol
  • I thinks u and ur husband are doing the right thing for sure!! Its your child and your family!! You name your children what u want too. Im sure ur in laws are just trying to help but they are way to controlling!!
  • Lmao love the comments on here my own mother is driving me crazy I havent picked a name yet and am 32 weeks ughh but I told her im not gonna tell her either way I feel they had their babies to name its our turn now lol
  • Thanks, glad Im not being crazy. Hubby and I have decided to tell them we are naming the kid banana just to anoy them.
  • Lmao that's awesome
  • I can't believe all of the weird families out there! Definately ignore them! Wowzers! Good vent, I would of had to get that one out too.
  • I wish I hadn't told any of my family :/ my dad is trying to bribe me to name my child what he wants. Eff that, I'm giving my kid a traditional Greek name. Deal with it, dad!