Can't remember date of last period?

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
I thought my last period was on december 8th, but now that I think about it thats not right. I used the nuva ring and in the middle of november we had thought I might be pregnant so I took it out early just incase, and I can't remember what day I started my period and I must have gotten pregnant around that time.

So now I'm not sure how far along I am. Does anyone else have this problem of not remembering the date of their last period? And how close will the dr be able to tell along I am?

Comments

• I hav a similar situation in that I was 5 wks and had a mc found out dec 5 with a blood test that I def wasnt preg then did one of those digital tests dec 27 it said 2-3wks im now almost 7wks I think but im not sure seein the midwife feb1 so im waitin to see wat she says then they mite be able to do an early scan from 6wks at least thats wat my doc said last time before the mc I reckon ur best to book in w dr asap an tell them everything theyr usually pretty good at working things out hope it all goes well x x
  • Well at the beginning off my pregnancy I fort I was 6 weeks but I was 10 weeks I had a period when I was pregnant I no a few people who this has happened Too..
  • edited January 2011
    They will do an Ultrasound. To see how far along u r if u r not sure they can give u n estimate
  • Thats what I'm wondering is if when I thought I might be pregnant in november I reply was even though the test was negative and I had my period. I'm guessing I'm more around 8 weeks than 6 like I'd originally thought. My dr appointments still about two weeks away though.
  • I had symptoms and took the test it came out negative + I had a normal period then I took another one a month later when I missed my period I was 8 weeks pregnant!
  • Yeah I guess ill just have to wait and see what they say at my dr appointment. Will they for sure do an ultrasound if I'm not sure of my last period?
  • I was unsure of my dates as well but you usually have two sonograms, one in the beginning and one in the middleish lol (20 weeks) well when I got my first sono they were able to give me a due date and my sono said I was 7 weeks and 2 days which I thought sounded pretty accurate but when I went to the doctors she said it looked like I was about 6 weeks but when I called my doctor before she saw me she said according to my blood test I was 8 weeks. I have just been going by the sono because its based on the measurements of the baby, but I know I have a window of a week or two around my due date. Wish I would have known the exact date! Good luck!