i have to have a cerclage :/

I had a cone biopsy feb 2010 then I got pregnant Jan 2011. Now my doctor told me that I have to get a cerclage which is a staple put in your uterus to hold the baby on and stop premature labor. I get mine done on the 11th. I'm nervous but its best for my baby so Im doing it. Is there anyone else that has had this procedure or will have it? If so how was it and how did you feel afterwards

Comments

• I may have to have this procedure done. I have had two leeps and a cone biopsy. Hoping to avoid it. Doing scans to check cervical lengths starting at wk 14 which is 2 wks from now. If my cervix gets too short they will place the cerclage. Just remember you're doing what's best for your baby. And good luck!
  • I didn't know it was a staple! R u going to feel it????
  • I got a cerclage at 14 wks. Mow I'm 26 and evertthings going perfect! Only thing is even though ur not supposed to have sex when we do it hurts me and the stitches poke him. But otherwise i can't feel anything and it was totally worth it. I opted to be put under general amestethia fir the procedure unstead of the epidural and when i woke up felt no pain. .
  • I get mine done mondays and I just hit 14 weeks this week
  • @azmom its not a staple hun, its a stitch on your cervix to hold it closed.
    I've never personally had one but I know many girls who have. They said its not a big deal and you don't really feel anything. Everything went perfect with them, so im sure all you ladies will be perfect as well as your babies! Good luck and congrats on your pregnancies.
  • Sorry for all my typos .
  • I've heard of women getting it done. I'm sure everything will go smoothly, and you're baby is most important. Glad you had the option to find out you needed it early. I've read stories of ladies dialating way premature (17-23 weeks) and losing thier babies.
    =(( Best of luck to you hun! %%-
  • Do it!!! My doc didn't think I needed one and here I am on complete Bedrest in the hospital at 27 weeks. Im stuck here till I have my baby.
  • Yes I'm defiantly doing it and I was told after my surgery a year ago I would need the stitch so that was first concern when I went for my first visit but @salsabia I just watched a baby story and a lady was on bed rest at 25 weeks and she looked bored lol but hope everything works out for you
  • I may have to get it....still early...lost 2 last year but they told me it was stitches for the cervix...never mentioned a staple to me....7wks now..and baby is fine and my cervix is long...so im keepin my fingers crossed...and ill keep u in my prayers.....good luck amd dont worry
  • Hey ladies I had my cerclage and it went well it didn't take longer than 30 minutes.
  • I had to have an emergency cerclage at 22 weeks in my first pregnancy and there was no pain. I had a spinal and was just freaked at the fact I couldn't move or feel anything. The numbness didn't last long and was on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I was told I'll have another one with this pregnancy and I'm worried I'll have to be put on bedrestagain. I heard that if you get them early enough its much safer.
  • Yea I am not on bed rest he just told me to be careful but I went to my Check up n I did good so ill be returning to work soon
  • Wtf i had a biopsy too and my doc never mentioned anything about this. Aghhh
  • I had a cerclage with my 6 year old twins. Its a few sticthes that go on ur cervis to stop the cervix from opening prematuraly. I was under anesthesia when they did it so i didnt feel anything and i didnt feel any pain when i woke up either. Having sex will be a task though. the stiches feel like wire inside of u only if u feel up there otherwise u wont notice if ur not exploring. but your mate will feel them poking him. when u get ready to deliver the doc will remove them
  • Yea I can't have sex until the stitches are removed before labor so i will not take any risk just have to find other ways to please my mate lol
  • I just wanna let u know the cerclage my doctor was one of the doctors testing.to see if.they help.and.he says there studies show that the cerclage doesn't.do.anything I was.going.to.has one done.but.he says they do more bad.then.good.and if ur.going.to.go.in.to labor early it wont prevent.it