anyone else have low placenta?

edited February 2011 in July 2011
I was told today that I have a low placenta. It isn't causing any problems so far, but it can. Anyone else??????

Comments

• They told me my placenta was covering my cervix at 18 weeks and when I went for my 3rd trimester ultrasound it had moved. So I swouldnt worry about it too much yet.
  • Okay. Great! I am 17 weeks so hopefully I will have the same results!
  • Hi I was told I have a low lying plecenta everything was fine but I did start bleeding a little and it scared me so I rushed to the hospital and they said everything was fine and I should be on bed rest then I told my obygyn what happened and he said bedrest does not help.. but he did not say there was anything to worry about..
  • I found out today that my placenta was low but she said that since I'm only 20 weeks, the problem would mostly likely go away as the baby grew. She said to just keep an eye out for spotting but not to worry too much. It seems to happens a lot.
  • Same here, have to go for another u/s in May to check but all the reassurance in the world hasn't helped me stop stressing. Any advice?
  • I have the same thing. Habit with my first pregnancy as well. It went away the first time... moved up I mean. I have another ultrasound in 6 weeks tosses if it has moved. But everything should be fine.
  • I was 24 wks nd my Dr said I have one. I'm going back n a month, but I read about it and it can be very dangerous if it stays low near ur due date
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.