Any single mothers out there with 2 or more kids??

edited April 2011 in Single moms
I'm a single parent and I'm pregnant with my 2nd child. I'm just looking for advice on single parents or 2 or more kids are doing it. I mean, it's hard with just one kid, but now that I am no longer with my kids father...I don't know how I'm going to do this. I'm just looking for any advice. Thanks =)

Comments

• I'm in the same situation. I'm due in nov with my 2nd child. Try looking for a pregnancy conserlor for help from the state.
  • Wow..even though its a struggle..I'm so much happier without him. He was so negative and refused to grow up. He just wanted to hangout, drink, smoke, and party...not work or be there for his family.
    I'm was trying to get help from the state too, but it's BS. I'm trying my best to work and provide for my kids, but I need help. And they are telling me I make "too much" which is NOT TRUE. But whatever. Best of luck to u mama... these situations only make us stronger and better women.
  • wish I could give u more advice but I can tell u this. keep ur head up things will b ok. n u can for sure do this by ur self. I met my gf as a single mom. w 3 wonderful amazing lil boys. her youngest is 3. so she did it by her self for a long time. then I came along n now we have our family. just b strong n u can do it
  • Im about to be a single mom again...and expecting my 2nd in nov :) we can do it ladies we just have to sacrifice
  • Single mom now going on #3... been a single parent for 9.5 years...with 2...& before the second one i was single for 2 years....and i was a teen....i prefer it....:) if u can do it with one yoy can do it with 2 or 3...have faith in your abilities as a mother.....you can do it...
  • @ FirstTimeDaddy, that's really awesome. I really admire men like you.
    @ novmthumper11, so true. We can do it. A little sacrafice here and there, a lot of prayer, faith, and determination for sure.
    @ MommyAgain, WOW, hats off to you!! I know its possible raising 2 kids solo...I'm just hoping for the best. Thank you for the inspiration =)
  • I'm basically a single mom, my boyfriend lives 2 hours away and provides no financial support but he is active in her life and mine. Just not financially for there every day when I need him (we try and see each other every other weekend), however I still do everything on my own. I have a 3 year old and I'm due July 4th, I figured if I could do it with 1 I can do it with 2!
  • Oooihhh ooohhh me me me...is there a new club??? ;;)just kidding

It will be OK.. yea yea yea...everyone says that...PRAY SWEETY. God will bring you through what he brought u to.
  • Single mom here...im 35 weeks and this is my forth child and last. I have a 17 girl, 13 girl and a 5 yr old son. Now im expecting my last son. Been threw two bad marriages and thought I found a great guy this time and I was dead wrong. So im single and doing it alone. Hard but so worth not having all the drama.
  • im 22 i have 4 year olds that are 11 months apart and im 6 weeks preg now..im very excited but wonder how in this world im going to do it lol. but im a very strong woman and i have faith in myself!!!!
  • I've been a single mom for 10 years and preggo with number 2 from the same deadbeat (I don't seem to learn that hes a loser). I also have custody of an 11 year old girl from my estranged husband (my story is long and crazy) but I've been doing it with no support whatsoever. I believe we single moms can do it all!! It is tough but nothing is impossible.
  • I've been a single mom since my seperation and divorce almost 2yeard. I'm 34, have a son whos nearly 16, daughter 11. Baby boy due in june. Just best of friends with his daddy. My advice, be a strong parent ! I've learned not to be a pushover just bc dads not here living with us. Stick to your rules, and follow through every time you discipline. Best of luck!!
  • I been a single mom of three wonderful boys n a baby girl on the way. Its a struggle but u maintain n have plenty of patients. There sperm doner I should say that is a ex husband has nthn to for with them so I'm mommy n daddy, but girl u can make it being super single n take care of ur baby
  • I left my kids father for the same thing,I've been a single Mom for 2yrs and yes it is a struggle without him but like you said I'm better without him. I'm now pregnant with my 3rd and i tried getting help from the state too but they are full of shit they denied me to because of income. Ive just been praying and and looking at it like this it all will be worth the struggle in the end,blessings will come you just have to be patient love... god don't put anymore on us than we can bare and like you said what don't kill us makes us strong women! Good luck lady stay strong we don't need these dead beats that's why they are in our rear view mirror :-) when are you due?
  • I'm 14 weeks now, and single again. My first husband left when I showed him the pregnancy test. I'm remarried, but getting divorced. 2 weeks ago he was arrested for burglary! And I know what you mean about not getting a job smoking, drinking! He was doing all that to. And he expects me to ride another sentance! Hell no. I'm worried to but I did it 7 years ago just fine. Stay strong mama!
  • I'm in the same situation as you. My daughter is 3 yrs old and I'm due in Oct with a boy. I tried to get help with my first but like you was told I make too much money. I'm thinking they will tell me I make too much even with two. Im living pay check to pay check now so I can't imagine how I'm going to make it with two. I have a mortgage, a student loan, car payment (will be paid off in three months, daycare and a personal loan plus your normal expenses (electric, cable, phone, cell phone etc) so I know it isn't going to be easy but I just have to have faith that everything will work itself out and I will get by and my kids will be taken care of even if it means doing whatever I have to do even if it means making lots of sacrifices. I wish you all the best. Where there is a will, there is a way.