interacial couples and mixed babies

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Hey. Is anyone here going to have a mixed baby or a semi mixed baby? Or wants 1? My baby dad n I r both black but he's mixed with indian n a lot of his traits show it like his hair. So I'm guessing my son will also look like that (I hope so).

Comments

• I'm black and native american and my bf is black and white
  • Woooow that sounds cool.
  • Yep! I'm excited to see what my baby will look like.
  • Lol me too..congrats 2 u.
  • Thanks! Congrats to you too.
  • Im a pacific islander and my bf is white. Not sure what my baby will look like. Hopin my baby is not too pale. Lol
  • Pacific islander? What race does that make u? I never heard of it.
  • I know u prolly never heard about it but am im Micronesian/japanese. :)
  • Oooooo idk micronesian but I do know japanese lol :-). Awwww cute baby.
  • Lol. Ty
    Congratz to u.
  • Hey ladies. Congrats to all! Iam mixd w l black & italian & my bf is black bur has some indian in him. He has really gud hair & so do i w l light skin. He has dees eyes..dere kinda chinky but soo cute. Lol. Alot of our features favor eachother so i hope its not gona b hard to tell who our bby looks like. Lol
  • Yw. N congratz 2 u too. N wow that's a nice mix that baby will be gorgeous. Lol @ the cute chinky eyes.
  • Lol. Aaww. Thanx & i think so too! :)
  • My bf is white and I'm black. Has anyone else had family issues with the race thing?
  • Im black & italian. Iam now 22...i neva had any probs. Surprsingly bcus ppl say tru italians dnt like blacks. But yur bby is gonna b gorgeous! Lol. My sons FATHER is black & his fam doesnt except him.bcus dey say hes "light skinnd" which his dad is a dark brwn & iam light skinnd. But it is HIS FATHER! i hav it on paper! His fam is starting to accept my son but if it wasnt fa those papers..it wouldnt hav happend.
  • My dad has completely disowned me. He also wants nothing to do with the baby. Sometimes I feel bad for not trying being the oldest of two and him not being able to see my brother and all. At the same time he was never really there for me so I don't expect him to be there for her but what do I tell her when she asks about him? I can't say "oh he doesn't like you cuz ur half white"
  • My father & i were the same way! He wuz NEVA here fa me. My son is now 20 mos & hes seen him once! I even told him when i wuz in da hospital & he neva showd. Yur dad must b old skool? Far az da black & white thing. I wuz raised by my mother (da italian side) many times i felt outta place & the ugly duckling..if yu will?! The best thing yu can do is let yur daughter kno she IS LOVED by mommy & daddy! Teach her about both sides of the family. Im mixd & i feel like i hav da best of both worlds!!! I kno some of my fathers side & all of my mothers. I tend to lean towards my fathers side more far az culturally. Tho i iam catholic which comes from my moms. Let her xplore both sides of her race & im sure she will b fine. Far az yur father...yu kno @ da moment ppl say things out of anger. .My mom wuz upset w l me when i became prego bcus i wasnt anywhere near established..she said & did some hurtful things but az soon az my son wuz born..ERRYTHING CHANGED!! i hope fa yur daughter yur father will put dat aside & come around so yur daughter knows who her grandfather is!!! If not, den yu gotta make da best of wat da situation is sweetie. But Lord willing it will change!! Jus try to enjoy yur bby & dnt let anything get in yur way of doing that! Im sure she will b beautiful! & if/when dat question comes up...jus do yur best to tell her the situation. Like i said no matter wat let her kno she is loved!! Dat makes a world of difference!!
  • I don't c what the big deal is with the race. Like why get mad and disown someone because of race?! Like I thought racism was supposed 2 b done with. Smh
  • @new_mommie21 yur welcome! :) & best of luck. @heartlessmami. ..Yea i feel da same! Everyone is different & believes wat dey believe! Gotta jus hope fa da best!
  • I think its ignorant honestly. He hasn't even met my bf. The second he found out he was white he told me I could never bring him around.
  • Smh...dats terrible! :( hav yu talkd to him since about errything?
  • Yea I guess. But u wnna hear ignorant? I'm 19 (an adult teen lol) n my mom told me that she doesn't wnt da dad around. She never met him n she sed she doesn't wnt him @ da delivery n that I should never talk 2 him again n she n my aunt cursed him out n tld him 2 leave me alone. (Yes he is a jerk but they dnt know that they have no reason 2 say that) my mom doesn't wnt him signing the birth certificate or havin his last name..she told me if I wnt her help then I cnt tlk 2 him. I dnt wnt my son not having a dad 4 no reason its not like I wanna relationship with him but I want my son 2 have a relationship with him.
  • @mixd_mommy no I didn't even tell him I was pregnant. He found out through my cousin and stepsister. @h3artlessmami that's pretty sad. But ur mom has to understand that that's the baby's father no matter how much she hates him.
  • @new_mommy21 yy need to talk w l him. Honestly!! Az much az im sure yu dnt want to..its betta to get errything out in the open!!! @heartless mami..dats sad! Smh...dats yur bbys father & she has no rite to do/say anything like dat. & i hope she knows if he doesnt sign da birth certificate & decides not to take care of da bby & yu try to put him on child support..its gona b a whole nother situation bcus in.order to do dat...he has to sign the birth certificate or get a dna test to proove & dat can cost & take foreverrrrrr!!! Yur mom seems to b thinkin bout her best interest instead of yu & da bby. Bcus if daddies not around...its REALLY hard & yu gotta play both roles. I hope she comes to her senses!
  • @mixd_mommy I have tried repeatedly and he doesn't want to hear it. It always turns into a fight and him telling me that I ruined whatever chances we had of finally being a family.
  • Yea I said the same thing like he needs 2 pay child support n if he doesn't sign nething then its harder. N he wnts a dna test neway smh which is makin me mad but w.e he cnt afford that n the baby most likely will look like him neway n he will change his mind. Every1 keeps tellin me she's thinkin about herself n not da baby. He needs his dad I dnt wnna play both roles. She won't come 2 her sense she's stubborn.
  • @new_mommie21 no he's the 1 who ruined the chances of being a real family bcuz its his fault u weren't a real fam b4 n now its his fault bcuz he's not givin it a chance now.
  • @new_mommy21 wow dats ridiculous! Um...is yur mom around? & if so..wat does she think? I wish ppl would get it togethaf! Smh @heartlessmami wat is yur moms prob? Dats ridiculous. & @ da ddy...all yu can do is give him dat dna tes..if yu go thru child support dey pay fa da test. Yu give dem his info & dey will send him a paper in da mail fa when & where to.take da tes. Da results take 4-6 weeks depending den after dna is established dey will set a court date so dey can set how much child support he will need to pay & when. Get yurself on food stamps..it helps. & idk where yu live but get WIC also. I hope yur mom gets rite about dis cus it will jus make things harder on yu.