swelling...how much is too much?

edited April 2011 in Third Trimester
My feet n ankles are SO swollen...I look like the elephant man. Its only after I've been on my feet tho. My face n hand aren't swollen tho and on my feet there is no pitting when u touch them. It hurts tho...when should I be concerned? I'm 35 weeks btw.

Comments

• I wonder the same thing, I have the same problem. I just make sure to elevate my feet I am 34 weeks
  • @maybabygirl I elevate them too...but some days I can literally feel my feet jiggle cuz they're so swollen...
  • I feel you there are mornings I wake up and they hurt just to walk. My hubby is grossed out when I show him my ankles lol. It is gross, although I have been told as soon as I have her it should go away.
  • Same here! My bf makes fun of my "sausage" feet. I really hope its gone as soon as the baby comes out!
  • edited April 2011
    I took a 3 day train ride and my feet and ankles swelled 4x there size.I couldnt hardly pick my feet up to prop them!!!!I gained 40lbs from the water retention. It took me almost 2 weeks to lose the water and for the swelling to go down! Wont be doing that again!
  • Now my feet are starting to get pitting edema! Face n hand still aren't swollen...no headaches. Could it be pre e?