I'm TERRIFIED of...

edited April 2011 in Giving birth
Losing control of my bowels while giving birth. YES, pooping...Maybe while giving birth its the least of your worries but it scares the heck out of me! Does it happen often? Mama's that have given birth before, did this happen to you? I know its TMI but we are all women here :)

Comments

• i am to!!! first timer to, but i read its like only a very small percantage that actually do, but it'll be nothing the midwife/doctor aint seen before nothing to be embarrassed about my friend did but she didnt even know they cleaned it all up and she never realised until her mum said something x
  • Lol me too. My sister in law said that means your pushing right. Just tell everyone not to look and if they look well thats their fault haha
  • U won't even know and usually the first sign of labor is poopin and cleaning it all out
  • Omg so scared to lol hope that
    Doesn't happen to me
  • I've had 2 neither time did I poop though it does happen for some people
  • LOL, I'm not TOO worried about the nurse or MD seeing it but I don't want my bf or mom to witness that! Hopefully I get a chance to go to the bathroom before pushing lol!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • With my daughter I was so scared of tht but didnt poop! Fewwww!
  • WHen you push you gota push like you going to poop!! So you might poop! U never know!! The nurses dont tell u! lol
  • my plan was to poop when i start going into labor when the contractions arent that bad and pray i dont need to go again!!!
  • @Almost4 Yes I"m still only afraid of the poop. Evertyhing else seems normal but poop....come on thats gross.
  • @Almost4 I literally laughed out loud at ur comments!
  • @Almost4 Haha very true!
  • I didn't poop with my first, and hoping not to with this one
  • @Almost4 :An orgasm?! Yeah I'll take the poop over having an orgasm after giving birth lmao
  • I pooped, it happens. I didn't care, Austin wanted that baby out! Lol. The nurse didn't care, when I asked she said, "poop, babies, and laboring women, that's my job. Don't be embarrassed."
  • @tiff87124 I never said that not pooping was my main priority, of course the baby is. There are people out there who fart in front of people and think its ok because its something natural. I'm not one of these people, I have been with my bf for 5 years and I never farted in front of him, neither do I fart in front of my immediate family who I have lived with my entire life. We are just not that type of people, much less will I be not embarrassed if I have a bm while giving birth being that my family and bf will be there. Cudos to those who can do it and not give a care but I can't be that carefree.
  • I had the same fears w/ my first buh to tell you the truth you gonna feel this way till the day you go into the hospital to have your baby! Buh im telling you when you ready to push all You gonna think is get this baby put of me lol
    I did make a bowl movement - my mom & bf I think saw it buh didn't say anything , my bf said the worst sight of his life was seeing the baby come out no one in that room really cares about anything buh you getting that baby out lmaoo
  • I meant I not Austin. Lol

I thought I'd be freaked out but then had a natural labor and I didn't think about pooping until after I pushed her out. I don't fart in from of people, but the president could have a televised appearance in my room and my only focus in labor still would have been, get these clothes off, they're too hot! Get this baby out!! When you get there's it'll be that last thought. :)
  • My husband has 3 kids plus one on the way with me. He was at 2 of the births and he said both times his baby's mothers pooped while in labor. I just said, "Great...." >.>
  • I didnt with my first hopefully I wont with this one but I did get gas bad while pushing
  • @Bellamomma: lmao I can totally understand what you're saying. I think I might be the bitchiest momma in labor too as I don't do well with pain or being hot. :(
  • @VictoriaB: LMAO! If I happen to feel it coming I will yell at my bf to get the hell out of the room. Not even kidding lol
  • Sorry for my typos, I hard typing a long message on my phone. I told my husband to watch my face. He did a bad job of that. He said he didn't see any poop. He did say after the baby came out it was like the dam broke, a wall of fluid came pouring out.... he then sat down worried he would pass out. Lol
  • Lmao I did it with my son, but I was in so much pain and wanted him Hunny i didn't care!! Plus the nurses clean it up pretty with my daughter I didn't bc as soon as I was told I was in labor and only 4cm I went too the potty...lol
  • @mamai2be lol, I'm gonna try to sqeeze everything out before pushing...and into the toilet. lmao