Is it or is it not okay....

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
What r things you think is or isn't okay to do or have done a week or two before ur due date? (No judging)

Comments

• Do NOT do Castor oil at any time!!! Lol
  • Depends what kinda thing are you talking about? Health, beauty, or stuff for baby?
  • My cousin keeps suggesting castor, but I WONT do it. Bad idea!!!
  • Every and anything....
    *beauty (hair, nails, eyebrows, etc, etc...)
    *sex
    *cleaning
    *laundry
    *food shopping
    Anything at all.....
  • Castor? ????
  • I won't go on a long ride... 1 its uncomfortable 2 u never know when baby will decide to come
  • I think personally its good for you to do things for you in the last few weeks. Relaxing, get your hair done, nails done, get a pregnancy massage, etc. Food shopping is a must! Stock up on tons of groceries so you don't have to worry about food after you leave the hospital. Same with cleaning and laundry, make sure its always done so you don't come home to a messy house. If you can, sex is an awesome way to relax (after) and relieve stress and get closer to your partner, since there wont be any for 6 weeks afterwards. :D
  • I would like to get my hair done so I won't look a hot mess at the hospital... people takes pics :O
  • Its supposed to give you contractions, sometimes it works. But it tastes horrible and gives you major diahrea (sp.) From what I hear it does more harm than good.
  • edited April 2011
    Castor oil is a nasty laxative that is supposed to induce contractions. Most of the time it will just have you pooping and puking on the toilet all day. It can also cause distress to the baby and cause baby to have a bowel movement in utero, which can be dangerous to baby's health. I personally would rather keep my baby in there than try something like that with those risks, especially not being monitored by a medical proffesional, so you wont know if it does put baby in distress or not. Plus it doesn't always work. I don't think its worth it, but that's just me. :) id rather not drink that nasty crap. Lol
  • I did castor oil when I was 3 days over with my daughter. I didn't vomit or have diarrhea, probably because I was constipated most of my pregnancy. Went into labor 4 hours later, 18 hours but no complications! I guess I did vomit, but it was when I was pushing from using all those abdominal muscles. I couldn't do it again though, ugh, the taste!