How much weight have you gained?

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Okay so with my 1st child I went all out and gained almost 90lbs.. lol.. which was a lot of my 5'3" frame. I lost all that weight.. (and then some) to get down to 120 lbs.. now with pregnancy #2 I'm 15 weeks and have already gained 10 lbs. I'm trying to watch what I eat this pregnancy.. but I don't feel like I'm doing very good to have gained 10lbs already. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm just curious to see if I'm alone. Of course with my 1st pregnancy I was 27lbs heavier already.. but still I just think 10lbs is a lot for 15 weeks. :(

Comments

• Im eighteen 2 days and have gained roughly 23 pounds doctor said ill lose it all but maybe five pounds I was 120# s five two before pregnancy
  • It just makes me feel awful to have done so good and lost so much weight.. and now have to gain it all back.. I know that sounds selfish but it's very depressing to just watch my body "go". I have been walking on the treadmill, but it seems pointless now because I know I'm not going to lose any weight.
  • This is my second pregnancy and I'm 29 weeks and have gained about 13 pounds so far. Still more to gain though. My hight is 5'6.
    With my first pregnancy, I only gained 15 pounds through my whole pregnancy. And I lost like 35 pounds after delivery.
  • I am right there with you. My starting weight was 135. I am very active and very fit, work out 5-6 days a week and eat very healthy...I gained 9 lb in 4 weeks. I was so shocked and sad that I cried the rest of the day. My doctor could not believe I gained that much weight and sais that it did not look like it. she was able to find the babies heart rate with in 5 seconds which she said was very fast because I was so trim. Well if that were the case the why the heck did i gain that much. I have been so concerned about it that I now right down everything I eat. I also think it might be because I dont get enough to eat which can make your body store fat. So I am right there with you girl. I am afraid to go back to the Dr. to get on that scale.. X_X
  • I kno I see the skinny blondes on tv and get pissed cuz that use to be me but ive gotten to the point of accepting and flaunting my belly I started showing really quick
  • Everyone is different I'm 17 weeks and 5'3 this is my third pregnancy my first I was under a 100 and gained 30 my second I gained under 20 but I was 7 weeks early. I lost all weight after both pregnancy. I have only gained 1 pound so far. My friend is just about 20 weeks and gained over 10
  • I'm 10 weeks and have lost weight .. idk why but no morning sickness or anything ..
    And with my son I gained 15lbs.
  • @lovemyboys.. you are SO lucky to have gained so little with your pregnancies.. I wish I could do that.
    @lealove I feel the exact same way. although with this pregnancy anything is progress compared to me gaining 90lbs. But before I got pregnant this time, I hardly ever ate anything, so now it's like my body is storing everything I eat. I just hope I can do better at my next doctor's appointment.. it's just sad because I know every time I am stepping on that scale, it's going to keep going up and up and up. :-(
  • 14 weeks 2 days. Gained about 6. Started at 5"6 130lbs. Like everyone else, im nervous of the weight gain. This is my first and I have no idea what is "normall". When r u supposed to be gaining weight and how much
  • Im 26 weeks and have gained 8.pounds.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 25 wks and have gained 17 lbs. Of course when I wear my uniform with boots to th ob (im in the air force) they put me as 22 lbs and they won't take off for the uniform which makes me mad lol
  • Im 13 weeks and already gained 5lbs! And probably all in my bra :( Im a little worried, I hope I dont come out of this a total heffer...lol jk
  • I don't think there really is a "normal" I took my 1st one to the extreme and used it as an excuse to eat anything and everything.. that's why I was so shocked this pregnancy to see I had gained 10lbs!! I thought I was being careful!
  • I'm 16 weeks with my second child and have gained 10lbs. With my first I gained 70. I eventually lost the weight but after a tough two n a half years n my life I gained 30+ back. I'm 5'9" and have never been skinny. Don't starve urself or over do it the numbers are depressing but it's not bout us n e more. It will go away after we have our bundles of joy with a little work
  • With my first I was 103 pounds I gained 65 pounds lost all of it. With this pregnancy I have lost 11 pounds but I have gained 2 pounds since my morning sickness is not as bad.
  • Wow I definitely feel like a cow lol this is my first n am 14weeks n have gained like 10lbs!
  • I would never not eat during pregnancy.. (or breastfeeding) but it is awful because a lot of times the only food I can handle is junk food.. or pasta.. lol.. Only the fatty stuff is staying down! thank goodness I have my prenatal vitamins because I doubt im getting what I need from cheeseburgers & spaghetti.
  • Wow that's crazy I'm 9 weeks and my baby hates fast food and junk food! I have lost 7 pounds and can only eat raw veggies its crazy!
  • I literally could eat a cheeseburger and fries for lunch (or breakfast for that matter) everyday.. I tried to eat a salad the other day and immediately got sick. No fruit, no veggies.. the greasier the better, but trust me I'm a health freak.. and I hate eating like this!
  • @robinlinlee83 you said you were walking on the treadmill but now you know you're nit gonna lose weight. I think you should continue. It will keep you in shape therefore after the baby all you will need to work on is your tummy. Plus you'll feel better if you continue. Gaining weight sucks! But I'm sure you're still beautiful. I think all mommys are!
  • I gained close to 80lbs with my first, lost almost all of it, got pregnant again and lost the baby, gained 40lbs from being depressed, started to lose weight again, lost 10 lbs, got pregnant again and i'm 22 weeks and I've never had morning sickness and have gained 2lbs
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jmichelle.. thanks a bunch.. I just got done walking another mile. If anything it does at least give me more energy.

I am very blessed to be pregnant, my doctor told me after my 1st that I couldn't get pregnant without medical assistance, so this baby is a miracle.... I really should be thankful instead of complaining. It makes me feel guilty. @kayleesmommy ~ I just feel like it won't be as easy this time to lose the weight, I'm 28 years old.. my metabolism has to slow down some time! lol. At least my daughter will be 19 months so I am going to be chasing her around too.
  • Haha... i gained 40 pounds w first baby, 50 pounds w second and 60 pounds w third. We r currenly ttc and i am going to make sure to keep it 40 or under this time. Its so hard to manage ur weight when ur pregnant.
  • I am 8 weeks and have only gained a few lbs, but I already can't wear any of my jeans and I feel like the Goodyear blimp! I really think I'm just bloated because all I want is junk and salty food lol...so don't feel bad...I was already unhappy with my pre pregnancy weight so now I'm extra worried about getting too big...but I can't help if I'm hungry lol
  • Robinlinlee83... I am so dealing with the same issues you are... I also gained 90lb with my first.. before I got pregnant I ate salads every day. Now I can't stand them. All I want is junk food. Everything else makes me ill...
  • I lost weight and I continue to lose.. I dont know why... I have a docs apointment tommorrow.. One of the questions im going to ask...
  • I'm 11 weeks an inlet gained 3 pounds that I kno of