is it ok to go swimming at the lake?

I am almost ten weeks and i am.high risk i want to go to lake and swim. Is there any risk if i go to the lake and get in the water?

Comments

• Not sure i hope not cuz i plan on being at the river all summer
  • I would call your doctors office tomorrow and ask just to be sure, but it seems okay as long as you don't exert yourself while swimming.
  • Swimming is good for u. It's reliving of stress and if u were bigger the baby wouldnt be so heavy.
  • If I remember correctly the only time it is dangerous to get in any kind of body of water is if you have lost your plug and/or you water has broke. Maybe even if you are starting to dilate. Other then that I think everything should be closed up tight and protected. But it has been 9 years since my last pregnancy
  • edited April 2011
    My best friend was highrisk the dr said she could swim in the lake but no more than an hour,he said the chemicals in the water aren't good to breathe in and if you accidently injest some it can make baby sick.
  • The lake is fine, but they caution you to not swallow any water, or get any inside your vagina (having sex in the lake can cause this, or jumping from a high rock) other than that your safe unless their is a warning about not going in the lake to all. Good luck and have fun :)
  • I swam in a lake my whole pregnancy with my second and plan on it with this one too. I actually think it helped with stress on my body I didn't even swell with my second. Never had any problems.
  • Thank you all for your answers i figures swimmin could be a good stress reliever for me before i found out i was pregnant i was an extremly heavy smoker and now that i cant smoke im irratated all the time and water is relaxing my husbands juat svared for me to get in the water because im high risk
  • Ask your doctor before going since you're high risk.