vfp? vfp!

edited April 2011 in December 2011
Wow, so I had given up this month. Had seen enough BFN's to believe them. Then yesterday I just felt pregnant. I went from not hungry to the point of nausea to eating a half rack of ribs, mashed potatoes, green beans, soup, and 2 biscuits... in about 30 minutes. My boobs have been sore, I can't get enough to drink, I've certainly been moody... and more depending on the day. But, like I said, I'd given up. Then I had a dream of a BFP last night, so when I woke up at 5 am confused because of how real it seemed, I took another test and holy shit - there was the most faint positive I could've imagined. Thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me. Took another 4 hours later (different brand) and another very faint positive! I might actually be pregnant!

Has anyone had a vfp that turned out to be negative? I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but... it's really hard not to.

Comments

• I had 4 faint positives and was pregnant :D when is your af due?
  • I've had tht happen with this pregnancy and one before. It's like the hgc is not there then poof!!!
  • Am pregnant not was* lol
  • Yay for you! :) It's due today or tomorrow.
  • Right! Everything I've heard is that, no matter how faint, a positive is a positive...
  • Congrats mama. I had 7 vfp. And had a blood test to confirm. My levels were just low. Yay. Another blessing from God.
  • That's a good sign Congrats and I hope it all comes back how u want it....r u using a digital early detection test
  • Thank you! :D I'm just having a hard time believing it! I stood with my jaw on the floor for about 5 minutes!
  • I had a vfp that turned out to be mc, but I have history of mc.
  • No, neither were digital. First Response and Clearblue Easy.
  • I didn't use digital either but they its suppose to b better ...Idk but I dis use an early detection Congrats faint positive is still positive
  • Congrats! I would just take another tomorrow..I like first response...everyday ur hcg will increase for a darker line.
  • A positive is a positive so congratulatuons!!!
  • I had 2 negatives and then 2 vfp.... I went and bought a digital one and pregnant popped up quick! A faint positive is still a positive. When I went to the doc they did a urine test and it was faint there too! My hcg levels just weren't high enough yet. But we had an ultrasound last week and there's definately a baby in there with a strong heartbeat of 161! Congrats to you!!
  • Thanks everyone! I'm feeling much better about it now! :D I'll definitely take another tomorrow and I think I'll go out and get a digital.
  • AWww thats great that mks me motivated* congrats
  • I got vfp all the way up til 14 dpos then a digital finally picked it up. My vfp were very faint but I could see them. I tryed not to excited either then finally at 14 dpos they all came in very clear bfp! Congrats hope ur get them soon!
  • Used the digital - BFP!!
  • I also had a dream and that made me test because I just didn't think I was pregnant (I didn't want to get my hopes up) but when I woke up from my amazing dream i took a digital test and before I knew it pregnant popped up!! I then took a regular test to see if I would have noticed the faint line and it was barely there but got darker everyday...So CONGRATS!!
  • Yay! Way to go hun! So happy for you!
  • @BensMama Ahhhh congratulations!!!!! :-D God is awesome!!!
  • Thanks, all! God IS awesome! (and I've been doing a LOT of praying ;) )
  • Congratulations :)
  • @bensmama... what's your estimated due date?
  • Yay! Congrats!
  • Congrats! The thing about faint positives is the line wouldn't be there at all if it were negative. :) yay for babies.
  • Thank you! @g2bpreggers due 12/13 :)
  • @BensMama OMG WE FOUND OUT THE EXACT SAME WAY! i had given up because of all of the bfn then one night i had a dream that i took a test and it was positive. When i finally woke up i was sad to see that it was only a dream. But it felt so real and i thought maybe it could be a sign from God. So while my bf was still asleep, i snuck into the bathroom and took a test, and was shocked to see that it was as if i had experienced deja vu because it was positive. I must have been in the restroom for a long time, because when i realized it my bf was knocking on the door to see if i was ok because i had been in there for a while. I opened the door and have him the quick and instructions so he would understand it. And he just started running around screaming "ima be a father for real?" it was one of the best days of my life by far! Congratulations mama
  • Sorry so long! ;)
  • Omg i think its so awesome that many of us have had a "that dream" right before we finally saw our bfp!