due date

edited April 2011 in Third Trimester
So my due date is suppose to be May 22 but the doctor said IF i make it to 39 weeks she is going to induce. This is baby #5. Just wondering why she would want to induce me a week early.

Comments

• Good question....your baby might be growing yo big for you......?
  • My dr told me they'd probably induce at 39 weeks they said its technically full term.. But unfortunatly due to some health issues he said I'm not making it past 36 weeks
  • I asked her about it and she said since i am on baby #5 she wants to control my labor. She is afraid if i do labor on my own the baby may come before i get to the hospital.
  • Hmm weird my mother had 10 kids and they only induced her passed 42 wks ... she always said it took longer for a healthy baby each time... ?
  • I think your dr is full of bs and just wants to do it on his/her scheduel. My mom had seven kids not one of us was induced and yes she had one at home but it was #3 all the rest actually took longer then us first three. If I were in your psotition I would say thanks but no thanks and just let it happen. It gets me so riled when drs want to make the baby come on their own time. Unless there is a legit health reason to induce they should just leave it alone. But that is my opinion
  • I have had bladder infection, kidney infection, and kidne stones with this pregnancy and have had to spend the night in the hospital. I think that may have part i why she wants to.