Is it bad if u have not gained much weight

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Im 25 weeks and two days n only gained 8 pounds is that bad?

Comments

• No your fine im 26 weeks and have only gained 8 pounds too. Its bad to not gain at all or to lose.
  • If your doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't worry. You still have 15 weeks left, if you gain a pound a week you will be right at the perfect range of 20-30lbs. Im 22 weeks and ive gained 2lbs
  • That's not bad. You'll gain most of your weight in the last few months anyway because that's when the baby will start putting on more weight. I haven't gained any weight yet at 18 weeks. If your dr isn't worried I wouldn't stress about it.
  • Im 20weeks and only gained 3 pounds my doctor doesn't seem worried so I guess its fine!
  • Im 26 weeks and only gained 4 pounds
    . Drs will let u no if its not right.
  • I'm 21 weeks and I've only gained a pound. The weight gain will come. Just make sure you are eating nutritious meals and eating enough. And its Just fine. Just don't starve yourself!!
  • I agree. As long as your doc isn't concerned you shouldn't be. I know its hard. I'm 19 weeks and have gained and lost within a 4# range the whole time. When I talked to my doc she said the baby will get what she needs first. The ultrasound tech said she had the same issue and ended up right where she was the day after her baby was born. As long as you are eating healthy, you should be good. Congrats :)
  • As long as your baby is growing at a good rate it doesn't really matter how much you gain. But your doc will check the baby if you don't seem to be gaining just to make sure its all good.
  • I agree with these ladies its nothing to worry about. I'm 14 weeks and have lost almost 10#. I'm not really sure why. Cuz i eat all the time. I do eat healthy which is something I didn't do before I became pregnant. I just saw my doc yesterday and she didnt seem worried
  • 19 weeks and I've lost a total of 21 pounds. But I was 20 lbs above a healthy weight anyway. I eat super healthy and my baby is right on track. :) your doctor will let you know