so...my doc prescribed me vicodin

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I have severe headaches and a fibroid that twists (yea, it hurts pretty bad) so, she prescribed me vicodin for both if they get bad. She said if I don't abuse it, it not bad for baby. I don't know if im comfy taking that, even at a lower dose. What u think?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I took it later in pregnancy for headaches due to preclampsia and my son was fine! And still is but I was nervous to take it too but the ob wouldnt perscribe something bad for u my doc said they are just mostly.concerned people will abuse it and the baby will b born addicted n have to withdrawl but if u just take it when its bad like I did ur baby will b perfectly healthy its better for both u n baby when ur comfortable but good luck the choice to take it is ultimatly urs :)
  • I was givin vicodin 2xs this prregnancy for headaches and back pain its ok to take I was given much harder stuff when pregnant with my daughter demerol morphine and percocet for kidney stones in and out of the hospital and she was perfect 7.6 oz 9 days late just use it when u need it and u will be fine
  • I have a muscle disease and autoimmune/pain disorder I was taking 4 vicodin es before pregnant and dr said its fine...scares me though so I only take half and if it doesn't touch the pain I will do the other but if your dr prescribes it he feels you need it...also if you are in pain it causes u to stress and have higher bp but its really about how you feel about taking them I hope you get some kind of relief
  • And, of course she's my prenatal doc....
  • edited April 2011
    Basically, she says don't abuse (which I wont if I decide to use it!) I've just read its a class c drug. Only strong meds knock out my headaches. And the fibroid can get a lil painful. I've been on a no med policy since I've become pregnant. Going from no meds to vicodin seems a bit extreme for me.
  • I know its a lil scary when you just want to do what's best for baby the vicodins are scored maybe try half? But really its all about how you feel there are many class c drugs prescribed while prego for pain but they weight the benifits to mother if mother is in pain could cause stress and high bp and that's not good for baby
  • i had took it when i had the flu cause the cough medicine they wanted to give me was not safe but vicodin had the same ingrident in it they told me it was completly safe
  • TAke it if it helps, especially from the doctor's standpoint. Sounds like your in alot of pain!
  • My doc wanted to give me vicodin for my headaches but I'm allergic to it so they gave me tylenol 3 and it works Ok. I didn't want to have to take pain meds but I guess if it helps
  • I hurt my back when I was pregnant with my first and dr gave me hydrcodone I took it well half a pill cause whole one would make me sick I had no problems