unique themes for july babyshower. Help plz!!

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I was going to do a fall theme for my babyshower since I am due in Sept. But then realized that is dumb since we will be having the baby shower in july (I choose 2 months b4 my due date, so I can get things I may still need.) I was thinking maybe something red, white, and blue but I don't know...I've googled and haven't found anything I LOVE. I like themes that go according to the season or and adding in something like " little pumpkin" for the fall theme...but I can't think of something cute like that for summer or july. Any ideas? ??

Comments

• I've seen some baby outfits that say "mommies little firecracker" on them maybe something like that?
  • How bout you do it like a picnic theme and have the red white and blue incorporated in there. You can put little star confetti's on the table and big cut outs of stars spread around where ur guests can write down tips for motherhood =) its an idea. Mine was all baby Elmo and I did the whole big stars everywhere and had people write good wishes and tips on there =)
  • I am also due in September and will probably have my shower in July or August. I'm probably going to have mine in my backyard and have a BBQ and have a beach/hawaiian theme since my mom is big into having luaus and already has tiki torchs, grass skirts, leis, etc. Lol.
  • I was thinking hawaiian too since its summee..n I'm doin a bbq too like @ashabash
  • @jennifurfur awl thanks!!!! That's super cute!!!! Exactly what I was looking for lol I really really like the mommies little firecracker theme with the typical july/summer colors, SOLD! :)
  • Thanks ladies for all your replies xoxoxo
  • Are you near a christmastreeshop?? They already have tons of july4th stuff out. Votives for the tables, stars in your theme colors..u can even do sandpails, with actual sand but throw in the party favors..sooo cute!