Too many baby showersi

edited April 2011 in July 2011
my mother is convinced that you should not have a shower with every baby. I only gave my first one the second one was by my coworkers. Now I am pregnanat with my third boy. due in july and sqid i should not have another shower. What do you ladies think?

Comments

• @kenyamom2b3, I don't think there is anything wrong with having more than one baby shower. I say have one everytime.lol :)
  • @prayin4agurl same thing i said and i hope u get that gurl since i didnt lol
  • Since your preggo with your 3rd, people are going to expect you to have things left over from your prior pregnancies. Usually people have a shower with their 1st and maybe if their babies are far apart in age....
  • You could always have a diaper shower....
  • I have had a baby shower with each of my kids. The baby shower i threw myself but friends and coworkers threw them for my other pregnancies
  • I think that if you want to have a baby shower for each pregnancy you have you can. I am on baby # 4. I had 1 for my first 2 and bc with baby 3 we moved to a different state I didnt get to have 1 for him, but I am probably going to have 1 for this pregnancy.
  • Well this is my first bby &,i had 3 bby showers :) ..& idk my family is very helpful especially my bf...so I'm shurrr if we hve mre bbies we'll be having a bby shower for them too...no crime in that AT ALL!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think every baby should be showed with new gifts and lots of loving :X
  • I think at least one shower a baby. :) you may need all new stuff or some. Every baby needs some new things. I'm having 3 baby showers for my son
  • @heatherlynn thatd the thing i wish i stikl had stuff from the previous boys sadly they are four and five so their things are long gone my friends have already started planning so i guess my mom will b talking about me to her bff lol!!!? oh well
  • to all the other ladies thanks for your posts
  • This is my 4th child... (18yr old, 9yr old, 7yr old, now this new baby)

I've had a baby shower for all my kids and this baby is having 2 showers.

Every child has their own Bday party, why can't they have their own shower too.
  • @YNVTish i so agree... love this post
  • This is my third and I'm having a shower for him, too! I never threw any of them myself, and I reasoned having one last time because I had a girl first and my last baby was a boy so I figured it wouldn't be too much to ask for help getting boy things...but I'm having another boy now and I'm getting a shower cos my sister in law insists I need one! LoL. Just sit back and enjoy it!
  • I want to have a welcome home baby shower buy not till he's like a month. What do you think?
  • A New Baby, A New Shower!!! Enjoy Your New Bundle Of Joy
  • Agreed, there is nothing wrong and with that you're gonna need need diapers so diaper shower would be awesome and I don't know if you kept the bottles from the last pregnancy and last baby but you might need some new those things that are replenishable you might need. Plus, knowing about coworkers, some don't get excited, but from what I've seen, most do and don't want to be left out. So... They may not have done it that way in their day, but times change! Have fun and enjoy whatever help you can get! :)
  • No I dont think u should have more than 1 shower unless the gender is different or its been over like 10 years. Its basically saying "hey buy me stuff"