at the doctor

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I feel rushed. I had a ton of questions and the doctors body language was like she was totally disinterested in my concerns and questions. I don't pay my insurance out of pocket to wait an hour, be rushed in and rushed out, I want peace of mind, isn't that what insurance purposes are. I could see if I were at a clinic or something, but dang be understanding to my concerns, the pregnancy hormones in me,make me wanna complain, but I'm just gonna woosah! Has anyone else said something to their doc or switched because of this.?

Comments

• I haven't had any probs with my OB/GYN. You should probably go shopping for a new doc.
  • I never really this prob but I can only imagine how annoying that could be. I would complain.
  • @BOWsMommy yeah probably. Leaving your doctor is almost like leaving your man. They been all up in your business, got you comfortable, and you hate to go,and wanna remain loyal:-( I'm searching though. @newmommy_navywife I'm tryna keep my stress down and trying not to get upset over everything. Soi been letting a lot ofstuff go,but I'm thinkking ofwriting a letter and sign it "A MAD PREGNaNT LADY" lol.
  • Try having your questions and concerns written down prior to going in, so you don't get flustered and forget what you want to discuss. Then at the beginning of the appointment, say, "hey, before I forget, I have a few things I'd like to talk to you about. Would you like to do it now or at the end?"
    Take control!! Good luck hun.
    Ps I LOVE YOUR PICTURE. Those are some major cuties.
  • @natashalynn that's exactly what I did. She just started getting impatient. I looked at my sheet omw out and it said 30min visit, but I'm assuming she only wanted to talk to me for five of those 30 my insurance was paying for. But thank you! They think they are superstars!lol
  • Ah I'm sorry to hear that hun. That's frustrating for sure. Slap her! Thatll get her attention lol jk.
  • My Dr is just the opposite. I'm pregnant w my 3rd...my oldest is 2 so I've been pregnant for almost 3 yrs straight now! The pregnancies have all been pretty much the same but every time I go in my Dr asks if I have any questions and will sit and wait-making me really think about whether or not I do. I love the amount of time my Dr and nurse take making sure I'm comfortable.
  • @Z_mommy_2009 wooow 3years straight. I couldnt do it. How did you? But imglad your doctor is like that! Where are you located, maybe I could fly in. Lol.
  • I left doctors because they tried making me see a doc I didn't want to and they left me in the waiting room for an hour and a half u need someone who will be patient with u and answer all of ur questions
  • I'm in wi...I go to Appleton medical center and have only good things to say about the facility. As for being pregnant so long, I turned 21 last July and never had much of a life! I'm a stay at home mommy and love it. My boys love each other and now their closeness is pretty nice. They have always been well-natured kids as the Dr puts it. This baby will b our last...looking forward to being unpregnant! I hope ur Dr issues get better