what makes you high risk? how do you cope with it?

2»

Comments

• Yay I hope we both are team pink then!! I think either way I'm blessed to have a miracle in my belly. I was thinkn of inviting fam over & surprizing then with a cake w blue or pink cake mix inside. I saw it on another post. Thought it was a cute idea. Now how to get all the fam in one place. Some aren't fond of others.
  • @one5one, hopefully! Yes a baby is a blessing either way, I've had 3boys already I'm just really hoping for a girl this time. That is cute, I seen that on a cake show before lol.

@ExcitedForOctober, I'm from NY but I moved to NC to be with my husband who's in the Marines.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @USMCwifemommy101107, you can ask the clinic you would like to attend to send a referral? You can email me at tcarol1022@aol.com.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Doctors try to stay calm because they don't know as much as you think they do. so much is unknown . it would be stupid for them to worry you, when you may have as much of a chance as the next woman on having a normal pregnancy. I believe G-d loves all babies... and takes care of the ones we've lost. I also believe your baby is going to be fine... try not to worry
  • Well they were able to stop my preterm labor after a week. They almost didn't. I had 2 steroid shots in my but cause they didn't think they could stop it. @momma_tiffay
  • @momma_tiffay actually we are in Camp Pendleton, California. But im sure that they have a tricare office in your hospital aswell. I meant to say that it wasn't hard to get the referral to a civilian dr, just demand it, be honest and tell them you dont like your obgyn. I even changed the pediatrician for my daughter, the one on the naval hospital never knew anything and couldnt answer any of my questions, now all of our drs are civilian :)
  • Oh 3 boys!! I bet that a girl would be welcome!!
  • @momma_tiffay, Sorry, PTL= pre term labor. I would just suggest that you tell your doc that you don't think he is addressing your concerns and tell him what those are. If he still dismisses those concerns, try to talk to a patient care advocate. Again, I am not sure what the policy is a different military treatment facilities. You can also call tricare and ask them for their advice and what they can do. They can probably give you more info on what steps you need to take.
    As far as ultrasounds, tricare will pay for whatever is necessary in your case. If you continue to be seen by a military doc, your visits don't even go through tricare so they can do ultrasounds as often as they want or see fit. If you go to a civilian doc, it goes through tricare so it has to be preapproved but if there is medical necissity for a medical procedure such as an ultrasound, they should cover it. I have already had 3 ultrasounds and I am almost 15 weeks and I haven't paid for anything other than my normal copay (I have to pay copays for visits because we are tricare prime retiree but you shouldn't have to pay anything if you are an active duty beneficiary).
    If you have any questions let me know. We have been dealing with tricare for 7 years now for a multitude of things. Good luck!
  • @USMCwifemommy101107 You're welcome :)

@momma_tiffay I'm glad you found a doc and also that you are giving your current doc another chance. :)

Good luck to both of you ladies!
  • @rhondala71, but my dr is worrying me in the sense that I'm high risk but they have me every 6weeks right now?I'm trying not to worry it's just hard when you've been through so much.

@Steph_Due_101611, oh. How many weeks were you when you finally delivered?

@SemperFiwife, alright I'll find out at my next appt. But on the naval ob wall I see posts that say if you want to be seen by a civilian dr then switch to tricard standard, I shouldn't have to do that right? Why should I have to pay out of pocket to see a dr who will actually or atleast hopefully show a little more concern for me?

@one5one, heck yes!

@juliek77, oh okay thank you! & I had no idea that being seen at the naval hospital was free. They only plan on giving me my 18week scan & another around 32weeks, why are they so scimpy then? Ugh. I'm not trying to be greedy, but if they could do atleast one inbetween those two, I would be so grateful I just want to make sure they get a very good look at the baby.

@misskristen, well I wouldn't be very nice if I didn't atleast give them a second chance.
  • @Steph_Due_101611, oh wow you managed to make it all the way, lol.
  • Yeah but if you read all the crap I went through during l&d it ended not so fun.
  • I'm high risk because I lost my baby boy @ 20 weeks and baby was still alive at birth but died because too early... They say I have an incompetent cervix so I have a cerclage this time I'm currently 20 weeks 4 days with another boy
  • @Steph_Due_101611, oh I know! I didn't have to stay in the hospital for a week, only a couple days but I pretty much went through the same thing. I ended up making it to 38weeks with that son though. But my next the drs ignored me when I tried to tell them I wasn't feeling right at my appt with my youngest, & I ended up in labor & delivery at 36weeks that time.

@pnkstrzgrl, I am so sorry to hear that! Good thing your drs did a cerclage this time though! I've seen some of the ladies on here have an incompetant cervix 2 or 3 times before their dr did that for them. :(
  • @OregonMama, oh my goodness that is insane! :( Your dr hasn't mentioned anything about a cerclage? That's what the other women on here have gotten for incompetant cervix'. It always seems to happen that us who lose babies, become pregnant again pretty soon. I couldn't imagine getting so far in my pregnancy & losing all hope, but I did lose my first son to sids & it was very hard to accept the facts. Whether your child is safe in your arms, or up in heaven you're still their mommy & that's something no one can ever take away from you. I am glad that your dr is keeping a good watch on you this pregnancy, I hope my dr will see eye to eye with me at my next appt when I discuss being seen more, I'm just too nervous to not be seen. These past 5weeks have gone too slow for me, & stressing about my babys health doesn't make it any easier. I wish you luck too mama!
  • Sry for ur lost... I'm high risk too I've had 2 miscarriages. But the dr. Dnt seem to kno why.. my first I lost at one month. N my 2nd at 3 1/2 months. Now I'm on my 3rd pregnancy everything seems to b going good I'm 19 weeks with a baby girl.. but I still get scared of any lil pain or anything .. I hope everything gets better for u.. u shuld conceder on getting a different dr
  • 6 weeks is way to long. I see a doctor every 2 weeks. I have aps, a blood clotting issue. I lost our daughter at 17 weeks and our son at 18 beforwe figured it out.I have gone through almost every perinatologist in my state as well as 6 obs. I think I like the two I have now.
  • My last two babies were born prematurely. Our daughter at 31 weeks who passed away when she was two days old and my son at 34 weeks who is now 18 months old. I am on a daily medication for contractions since preterm labor started at 16 weeks. I have a progesterone shot every Monday and an ultrasound every other Wednesday. I see my ob every 3 weeks. I also see maternal fetal medicine every other month. It's no fun. I'm currently on bedrest and am not even permitted to take a shower longer than 7 minutes nor be in the car at all except for appts. There's nothing I wouldn't give for healthy pregnancies.
  • I'm consider high risk BC I have hashimotos hypothyroidism this is my second pregnancy first baby. I already have a team of doctors which is all nerve racking n overwhelming at time's but I have God n my bf support that everything will be ok