DElivering at 34 weeks

HEy
Im a high risk patient due to a plecenta tear, blood clot in my placenta, heavy bleeding, an my baby girl is growth restricted. Ive been on bedrest in thr hospital since 28 weeks preg. And Im having to have her by c-section friday on the day I turn 34wks

So my question is has anyone you know, or you urself have a baby born at 34 wks an how long did they have to stay in the nicu

Sorry so long, but thanks for any advice

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm sorry to hear that I hope all goes well for you. I had my son at 35 weeks due to pre eclampsia he stayed in nicu for one night just for monitoring and then they moved him to the special care nursery where he only stayed for 6 days
  • THey said she could stay as long as 2 weeks, but I wony no anything for sure till she is born, im also very nervous about the c-section
  • Prayin for u and little one! Do most high risk patients deliver early?
  • @hunterbug... Thats not bad! Some hospitals have rooms on the unit so u can stay with bb. Gl hunny. Take that time to rest! Ull need it!
  • Im not sure if most of them deliver early or not, I guess it just depends on the problem
  • THank you, she gets her own room on the floor above me, I got a tour of the nicu yesterday an its soo nice
  • Good luck and I'm sure she'll be fine. The docs must feel that she's better off out here than in there to take her early. C-sections aren't bad at all, it'll be over before you know it.
  • YEs mam thats why they are takeing her now, her stomach measures in the 10th precentile due to my placenta not provideing her with enough protein, but I did get the steroid shots at 29wks
  • I was 6 weeks early ( my mom had placenta previa) I weighed 5 lb and 5oz. I had to stay at the hospital for a few weeks but didn't have any medical problems and never had any complications and now I'm in nursing school. So I'm sure everything is going to be fine. Good luck
  • My daughter was born 4 weeks 1 day early she was born severely anemic I have a placenta deficiency where blood flow slowly stops my first OB did not notice or care, if I waited to go to the hospital an hr later I wouldn't have her. She was in the NICU for 3 1/2 weeks. But she is 2 1/2 smart as a tac she knows her abc's 1-10 she only gets sick in the winter, did they give you steroid shots? They gave them to me this time. I hope everything goes great for you & your baby!
  • THank yall for the peice of mind =)

Yes mam they gave me the steroid shots at 28 weeks
  • Im really high risk as well and have been in bed rest since week 20, its hard but worth it. Im 30 weeks now and can deliver anytime now. Good luck I hope everything goes great!
  • I was high risk too. My son was born at 34 weeks and his only issue was not being able to swallow and jaundice. He had to stay 2 weeks 2 days. Good luck %%-
  • My last child was born at almost 35 weeks, she was 4lbs 1 oz 16.75 inches. Was perfectly healthy, just had to stay in the NICU for almost 3 weeks to gain weight. Best wishes!! %%-
  • My son was born at 29 weeks cuz I had placenta abruption with clots. He was in nicu for 7 weeks. He's fine now, 6 yrs old and bright as can be
  • I'm sorry honey I'm praying for you and the baby. She may be completely healthy with no issues :)
  • My daughter was born 5 weeks 2 days early, and she had trouble breathing at first. But she was a very health 8lbs 2oz and wasn't in the nicu at all. I have friends who had similar deliveries and a couple ended up in the nicu for a day or so and were fine! Each baby is an individual, just hope for the best! Good luck!
  • Hey I had my son June 25 2010 @ 34wks!! I was high risk for blood pressure n pre eclampsia. I went n for the ob appt then got sent to hospital. My son was 4lbs 5oz 16.5in they rushed him immediately to nicu. He stayed for 12days. They'll watch for a certain weight sometimes, chek if baby can keep body temp n if baby breathes good n eats good. Dnt lose faith it was the hardest thing I've ever dealt wit, but its worth it. My son is now about 19lbs @ 9months!! Take care god bless