placenta previa

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Hi everyone. This is my first baby and I'm due at the end of june. Everything seemed like it was going perfect. I got my first ultra sound done a week ago (ITS A BOY!!!) And the doctors think I have placenta previa which is where my placenta formed over my cervix instead of at the top of my uterus. I'm freakin out pretty bad cause everything I read about it makes it sound really seriouse and its possible I can bleed to death during delivery or the placenta can detatch from my uterus and cause me to miscarry. I can't even fatham that idea it hurts too much. I was just hoping someone might have some advice for me or god forbid they went through this them selves. Id really appreciate it. Thanks soo much!!!

Comments

• I also had it when pregnant with my son fortunatly it fixed itself and I was able to give birth with no problems.
  • I don't know much about it except my grandmother had it. I heard it was a difficult pregnancy but she went on to have my uncle five yrs later:) and that was in the 40's!
  • My doc told me the same thing at my 18 week ultrasound and then at my 30 week one my placenta moved to where its soppose to be. Don't worry about it!
  • I have complete previa.... Im 20weeks n get n ultrasound on thurs hopefully it resolved. I will let uknow. My dr said most cases resolve by tge time u give birth
  • Thanks. I have an appt. to see a specalist next Friday. That's when ill find out more ill be 20 weeks by then too. I hope mine resolves too. I really was looking forward to having a natural birth. In my baby books it says to refrain from having sex and that's kinda hard considering my sex drive is through the roof!!! Do u kno if its ok or not?
  • I was told by my doc no sex
  • Natasha, Im going thru the same exact problem. But ive been to a Neuro Fetus Care center already. Ive been in complete bedrest since 16-17wks. Dr said NOOOO sex!!
    R u on bedrest?
  • My previa has now moved to marginal. I hopebit just moves out the way! I dont want a c sec... I receive another ultrasound @30 wks