opinons please

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
ok,i have a friend on facebook.she is not a very close personal friend but she is the wife of my brothers best friend which i know. she always seems like a sweet friendly person and i added her to try to get to know her better.i have never had a problem with her at all,shes always pretty nice. we have never met in person by the way. but anyway i posted as my status that i was going to my first ultrasound today.my cousin had commented to kepp her and other friends /family posted on how it goes. so after my appt i posted the ultrasound pic with heartrate and due date for them. well about an hour after i posted,the "friend" i talked about above put "i just hate pregnant people" as her status. i feel like it was directed at me. i also think it was very rude and uncalled for and immature. i understand that maybe she has been trying to get pregnant and cant or something like that but i still dont think that makes it right. should i just ignore this,or delete the girl from my friends list,or what? and am i wrong for feeling the way i do about it? just would like some other ladies opinions please. thanks :)

Comments

• I would post ur status to I love being pregnant and can't wait for my sweet baby to get here then couple hours after u post it delete her
  • It could be that she's jealous. I hve a friend who stopped coming around when she found out I was preggers. And she basically lived in my house, would wait for me to get off work or get outta school. Thought we were best friends. She actually told me that she was jealous cuz she wants another baby, but she barely takes care of her 7yr old daughter! Your " friend " can kick rocks and until she directly says it to you, stay on the high road.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lol,thats a good idea! thank you guys!
  • Not a real great friend to put something so insensitive out there for all the world to see
  • Lol @blessed2011 that's something I would do. Post a pic of hubby kissin my stomache saying being preggers is the best
  • Just drop her as a friend..she will get the hint
  • im glad people agree with me. i tried to think from her point of view but i didnt think it was right anyway
  • you guys are funny :) but ur right! thanks
  • Jealous people don't have a point of view. She needs a reality check. Not totally your " fault " your preggers.
  • It might not be directed toward you so try not to take it to personal I would just delete her so you don't have to see those type of post. If she asks you why you deleted tell her. Just remember it might be hard for her to see you pregnant when she wants to be some don't know how to deal with it
  • There are many rude people out there that say things that are unnecessary. After realizing that, think nothing more of it. You do NOT need the added stress from idiotic people. If you don't feel right deleting her at the moment than don't. However, if she continues the rude comments (whether directly or just on her status) I would delete her so you don't have to read it (purposly or accidently seeing the post from "most recent" posts). Congratulations, and enjoy being pregnant! Every minute of it! :)
  • And please don't get offended by the word fault. Its a running joke btw my family and his. Its my " fault " that I'm preggers and his " fault " that its a girl. Lmao
  • I would delete her. You basically dont even know her so no need to be nice. If anything talk to her husband and tell him that she upset u. Or post something that she will know is directed at her.
  • I have a friend who has alienated me since we got pg for #3...it's sad but so maddening. I hate to believe ppl can be so shallow...guess you find out who your friends are...ugh
  • I would say delete her.
  • @firstmama no offense taken,lol thats funny but true!! me and my husband have 3 girls together and this one will probably be another girl too lol
  • thank you guys so much. you have made me feel better about this
  • I would not delete her, I would send her a message letting her know how you felt! The same thing happened to me, my best friend has been trying for 3 yrs and I found out I was preggerz 9wks ago, she reacted the same way but she was sorry because ppl say things when their mad! Don't take it to heart!
  • I agree- take the high road & delete her; then if she asks, be honest. No need to belittle her or be rude in return; in the long run it won't make you feel any better than just moving on & surrounding yourself with positive people. Good luck! =)