I know im feeling it...

edited April 2011 in Third Trimester
I swear I sometimes feel and see a small part of my belly move rhythmically almost like a heart beat but I'm almost 99.9% sure its him sucking his thumb its the only real possible explanation I'm sure. I'm 33 weeks due May 28th!!! Has anyone else felt this?

Comments

• I have had the same thing happen and I'm 35.5wks . A lady at work told me its hiccups.. lol but idk it feels weird i'd have to agree
  • i think your baby has hiccups i am 34 weeks.
  • I've felt his hiccups a million times already as he gets them a few times a day but the movements don't come in rapid succession like this other feeling. I know what I'm feeling. :)
  • I've felt something like that too! But I thought it was just my bby twitching?? I sucked my thumb oh boy I hope she does to! I'm 35wks
  • I'm almost 36 weeks and have felt the same thing. Is not hiccups cause I know how those feel. I thot it was him twitching too! I never thot about sucking his thumb tho. I guess it could be that too. :)
  • Omg same here!!!!
  • That happend to me a few weeks ago, I could see my belly moving up n down rhytmically, I thought it was the babys heart beat.. like his chest was smoshed agains my belly? Now I feel silly lol!

I got all excited && I wanted my fiance to see it, but he couldn't. And I got really upset && started crying lol. Oh lovely hormones(:
  • I'm 32wks I just started feeling that so I thought hiccups... I hope no thumb sucking I don't like that
  • Im 36 weeks nd I tell myself its her breathing it comforts me to think that :)
  • Its hiccups, whoohoo! My baby boy gets them all the time. I love it. Thumb sucking is a lot less jumpy then hiccups and not super noticiable.
  • It's definitely not hiccups. He gets them all the time so I know the difference in movement and when it does happen it lasts for less than a minute and isn't very strong like hiccups. It has to be him thumb sucking. :)

@roomfor1more

All babies suck there thumb in the womb. :P