Zofran

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I got a prescription of Zofran today! Thank God, I was sick of eating crackers and drinking ginger ale all day! I really hope this helps with the nausea. Anybody else use Zofran? And did it work?

Comments

• I heard it works amazing! I wasn't on it but a family friend was and she said it helped a lot! Good Luck!
  • I'm on it as we speak ..Works like a CHARM!, ;)

After about 4hours of taking it though; It makes you a bit drowsy.
  • Thanks. I really hope it does. This is my third and maybe I have amnesia bc I don't remember it being this bad...but than again my youngest is 5!
  • Yeah the nurse asked me if I had things to do during the day bc it makes you drowsy @singlesexy1sttimemom. At this point all I do is sleep anyway....so I am good with that side effect! Lol
  • I was put on it and its like a magic pill! I try to use it only if I really need it or if I really need to get something done that day.... I was kind of scared to take it, but I've lost 6 pounds & was throwing up blood. So benefits outweigh my fears.... how far along are you?
  • I sleep all day too! Smh lOl
  • Yes, Zofran is great, especially because it dissolves and you don't have to worry about throwing it up if your nausea is extreme.

I never had ANY drowsiness from it, I was originally on Phenergan (Promethazine) and THAT knocked my butt out! So yeah, the Zofran should be a miracle for you..good luck! :D
  • Worked first pregnancy but this one the aftertaste of it made me nauseated :-( I hope it works for you though
  • @cynthiaY yes I would say in your case it surely outweighs the cons! Going off my LMP I should be 8weeks this Friday, but when I went to the doc which was suppose to be my 6week appointment the doc said that I didn't seem to be as far as I thought....so to answer your question...btwn 6-8 I guess. I will know more this Thursday after my appointment. I have read where some women have gone and they say the baby is measuring at a certain week only for them to go back and the baby be right on target. I am hoping that is what will happen with me.
  • Thanks girls.
  • I was taking it and I loved it! It was the only way I could keep anything down! I was on phinagrin first which knocked me out! I couldn't even take care of my 3yr old so I had them switch me to zofran and it made me feel wide awake, one of its side effects is actually insomnia. It's really interesting so many women taking it get drowsy! I have no morning sickness now after I had it for 8 weeks! Good luck hun I hope it passes Soon! For all of you!
  • Thanks. I hope so too! Good luck to everybody!
  • Funny because according to my LMP we thought I was 12 wks but today I had my 1st ultrasound and I measured at 10 wks 2days... so I guess I still have a few more weeks of morning sickness :o(
    Good luck ladies!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.