choosing a hospital in london

edited April 2011 in UK
Anyone from London got any advice in choosing a hospital to give birth. I live in harrow but nearby hospitals don't have good reputations. Can't afford private.

Comments

• My sister-in-law had hers at chelsea and hammersmith and has three healthy boys.
  • I had my eldest at St Thomas and I myself was born there :) He was born at 31 weeks and the care I received there was fantastic.. the NICU and SCBU are amazing and the staff and care team are brilliant! You also have the Evalina Children's Hospital there which is one of the best children's hospitals!! I lived a fair bit away (Streatham.. SW London) and travelled there as I never like any of the hospitals near me..
  • Whittington and barney are very good hospitals. I don't know if that's a bit far from you though
  • Barnet not barney
  • If you go on netmums they have reviews of hospitals on there
  • Thanks for advice I like st Thomas even though its 40 mins drive. as northwick park, central Middlesex don't have good reviews for maternity even though I know everyone has different experiences!
  • I had 1 at hillingdon, awful and my 2nd at st peters in chertsey. That one was lovely x