Singleton After Twins

edited April 2011 in Second pregnancy
Just Wondering if any other second time moms had twins first. This pregnancy is so different, it feels like it's going slower. I'll be 19 weeks Friday, by this time I gelt so much more movement than this time. But my aches and pains seem worse, but then I'm almost 5 years older this time.

Comments

• I am! It does seem slower, & that this one moves a lot more, its kind of freaking me out! But I also think its because my boys will be 10 this year, so its been a long time since I was preggo.
  • @Kriss82001 how far along are you? My twins are boys too! :X
  • I'm 21 weeks today! How far are you? Everyone thinks we are having a girl this time, which scares me to death, I wanted another boy. Are you worried that you are going to stress more with just having one? I'm used to having to juggle the two so I think I'm going to be more paranoid over the one, since all my focus will just be on the one. I don't know, it's confusing. :)
  • I'll be 19 wks tomorrow @kriss82001 I'm having a girl this time. Yeah it is kind of nerve wracking with just 1. I remember when the boys were babies feeding them both. I'm worried that I'll drive one baby crazy. There just doesn't seem like there'd be much to do. Haha
  • Hahaha, at least I'm not alone! I watched my friends one month old for a few days, and I was like, this is it? This is what everyone is complaining about? And I didn't think having twins was that hard, once they got onto a schedule. The terrible 2s were a lot more interesting though. :) How old are your boys?
  • They are 4. I did the same thing with my friends daughter lol. My boys were on a schedule too. My hubby is a little concerned too he said who well she play with while the boys are at school? He's worried about her being lonely already.
    @kriss82001
  • Hahaha, mine is worried about the samething. But then again, he has had two nephews and one neice born within the past year, one is only a month old, I think this one will be fine. :) We haven't had an ultrasound in almost 2 months, so I think that he is hoping that on the one next week they will really find out that there is two in there. I told him that if it turned out to be twins again, he was a dead man. All he said was that at least he would go with a smile on his face.
  • @Kriss82001 my husband and my doctor seemed disappointed at my first ultrasound when we found out they was only one. I'm thankful, my boys start school in August so when this one starts daycare it'll be like half price!
  • Hahaha, my first appt was hysterical. The Doc was just going to check for a heart beat, and then she looked at me, and was like, "I don't know why I'm even using this, I won't know how many there are, you're getting an ultrasound now." And I got one 15 minutes later. But the tech made the mistake of saying that she could only see one, but there's still a possiblity that there's really two, just can only see one. So he's still holding out hope. I was lucky with daycare, my parents live in the same school district, so there's somebody always at home for the kids to go to no matter what happens. And I work a three day on three day off schedule, so hopefully we won't have to have daycare with this one either. It's just too expensive, I feel like I'm working just to pay for it!
  • i had twins 1st they will be 3 next sat im almost 10 weeks prego 1st Ultrasound is 2marror ill find out if theres 1 or 2 than lol
  • @Jkringle4910 let me know how many babies are in there! Are you hopping for 1 or 2?
  • well theres just one i was hoping for one lol the twins are great but i wanna no what taking care of one is like
  • My hubby has twins....we were terrified that I would be having twins this time around. My grandma had 4 sets of twins!!! Hes pretty amazed that I'm not showing yet LOL!