How soon to send out baby shower invites?

edited April 2011 in Third Trimester
My shower is being thrown June 19th Ill be 30 weeks. WHen should the invites be sent out? Also Where are some places I shoudl register? I have never had a baby shower before.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would say atleast a month earliest and no later then two weeks before the shower give ppl time to buy stuff
  • @KerrideeRN, @Mommysierra, @AngeliaAndMe, Thanks . Where are some places you ladies are registered?
  • Buy buy baby it is owned by bed bath and beyond. Kind of a new store so not sure if you have any in your area.
  • @skybaby I just got a thing from them in the mail yesterday. im gonna get ont hat they had alot of stuff.
  • @Boho_Chic I just post an shower game idea on the forum that will have your guests bring you diapers too.
  • Target babys r us
  • I think the general rule for any party is 6wks.

Buy, buy, baby? Never heard of it. Is it strictly online?
  • Im registering at babys r us and burlington possibly. And target and maybe the babys room. Id send my invites about a month b4
  • @kerrideeRN on the add I got in the mail they had tons of clothing.
    @mommys1stbundle they have store is in :
    Alabama Arizona California Florida Georgia
    Illinois Indiana Kentucky Maryland Michigan
    New Hampshire New Jersey New York North Carolina Ohio
    Pennsylvania South Carolina Texas Virginia Wisconsin

Go to buybuybaby.com and you can find the one nearest you.
  • @kritten_octoberbby the babys room sounds interesting im gonna see if there is one in my are. Though I have never heard of it. Thanks
  • Yaay! I live in MD. I'm definitely going to check it out. I have so many friends and family having babies right now I just know we're all gonna end up with the same stuff. Now I have some place different to shop. I'm excited!
  • @mommys1stbundle lol, the baby will outgrow thoose things so fast, you wont even notice, and if you have alot of the stuff, over half the stuff wont even be worn. But goodluck to you on findind unique items.
  • I'm going to do a big Facebook invite so its easy for people to rsvp quickly and to those who do not have fb, I will invite personally. I register at Target and only Target, its easy to return things if I get more then one.
  • Month before the shower
  • I wanna register everywhere so all my bf family from out of town will have more options. :) buy buy baby, target, babies r us, and... shoot there was one more... oh well those are my main :-D I'm 23 weeks today and my shower is in June sometime. Congrats Yall