Anyone Else Keeping Thier Babies Name A Secret From Family?

edited April 2011 in Second pregnancy
This is our 2nd child and we are keeping his name (Aizik Adrien) a secret from our family and friends. With my first, we had a lot of opinions as to what to name her and when we chose her name we also got a lot of "are you sure". Her name is Ayden Rylene and people thought "ayden" was only a boys name. I however, thought it was a beautiful name for MY daughter. Her name means little fire and she has held up to that name since the moment she was born. Anyone else??

Comments

• I'm seriously considering doing the same. Peoples opinions drive me crazy! I've stopped telling people what names we are considering!
  • @jessica28: Its one of my pet peeves of being pregnant. I like unique names not the avarage and they have to have meaning to me. Although Aizik is 'heard of", the spelling isn't.
  • I'm thnkn bout keepn it a secret bcuz wit my 2yr old evry1 had sumen 2 say. And I dnt wana deal wit dat dis time. Cuz I mite jus go off.
  • Im the same way with unique names and meanings. Our two daughters are trinity and eternity. This one will be unique and also celebrate her african american heritage! I've seriously told people, no I don't have a name yet, no you can't help pick one, no your opinion isn't wanted, and if you want to name a baby, then get pregnant and have your own! Some people lol
  • LOL. I know what you mean. Once I told people we had a name but its a secret, everyone wanted to guess. lmao, and there we go again. haha
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate: I would love to tell everyone the name, but the opinions bother me. So instead of being rude or short with them I think this will work.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is my second as well and we are keeping our decision a secret as well. Even from our daughter (who is 5 and will tell everyone).
  • @casnleslie: We are keeping it from my daughter also. she is 4 . Family has already tried to get it out of her only to be dissapointed when she says she doesn't know... heheh..
  • Lol I dnt think i wud tell any1 the name or sex they can wait till the baby is born lol x
  • We did that w our second baby as well. With our first everyone had an opinion. I couldn't stand it. So then with our second I said "too bad" so to speak. This baby I think we will stick to the secrecy again. It worked well :)
  • edited April 2011
    :-$
  • wish i wuda kept mine a secret.... Because everybody judges the name i picked for my lil girl
  • Ha ha. I don't feel as bad now for keeping it from her now :)
    How far along are you?
  • I'm 23 weeks Due August 3rd. What about you?
  • I'm 28 tomorrow. Due around July 1st. All I have is her name, and I'm still not 100% on that...LOL.
  • We waited until a few days before with my son, and only bc my hubs let it slip, so once it was out, there was no use trying to keep it in anymore. No one in our family liked it, but I reminded them that they didn't ask me for help naming their children, that shut them up. We will also wait this time because we have discussed names we like and actually agree, so I don't care what every one says.
  • I'm not keeping it a secret we just haven't picked one yet. I'm 35 weeks. But I kinda wish I would have with our 2 year old. Even strangers would tell me they hated it! Her name is Amethyst Gracie, and we love it!!!
  • I'm keeping mine a secrete for a few reasons.
    I know a couple of woman who are pregnant and are due before me and are the type to possibly take my name choice (they have done it to others)
    And I also don't want to deal with others opinions when its my baby my choice and I don't want my family telling me to name it after a family member because they are big on that and I am not using any family names.
  • Im not telling anyone either until our son is born.... This is our fourth n I dislike opinions lol especially when we have our heart set on a name
  • We r keeping a secret mostly from family. A couple friends know but its residual. Last time gender was unknown and we chose four names. Had a girl and she is rosalee jade. So we know this ones a boy. My gf had her second girl last Sept and we had the same boy name on our lists, she asked if wed be using it this time and was super sad that I am. I did not take it from her but I feel like she thinks so! So its a secret til "he" gets here.
  • We have kept the gender and names from family for our first two and will probably do the same this time. Even though we don't like to be surprised, we love leaving everyone else in suspense. We won't even tell our kids, because our 4 yr old would spill the beans.
  • We Are keeping this baby's name a secret from friends and family also. We had lots of annoying people have too many comments on our first son Oliver. You would think people would be polite and supportive but everyone has to have an opinion.
  • I'm keeping mine a secret too from friends and family.
  • My last name is harman and I've convinced people were naming her harmony harman lol
  • Lmfao@ Harmony Harmon

...cute..

...we inadvertently kept it between us...with just a few close peeps knowing...but we've only come up with a girl name..

It's the name of the lil'sister in the movie "Juno"...lol..

...we have a couple'a boy names on ice...but nothin solid, yet...we want something special...& non-ethnic defining...LOL...as, our kitten will be of mixed descent...

...baby names are Fun, fun fun...& special for momz2be & nuPAPaz...yaaaaay US!
  • I'm keepin it a secret cause I don't want to be told I can't name my little boy angel my family will tell me its a girls name but its ok in the Hispanic comunity that my hubby comes from and the only one we could agree on and his family is huge so I don't wanna be told I can't name him angel cause that's the name of some cousin somewhere so its a secret cause I don't wanna hear all the shit its the name I picked and they all can just deal with it
  • We decided not to keep this babies name a secret Abel James and I regret all I have heard from family is are u sure. So on the next baby it will be 100% a secret!!! :)
  • First baby for us. Telling only close family. Everyone on both sides are real supportive on whatever we choose. :) They haven't Eben suggested names. Lol. Baby will be first grandchild on either side. ;) We are however gonna wait untill baby's here to tell our friends the name.