a negative bld test but hoping to be pregnant

edited February 2011 in Trying to conceive
Me and hubby had had sex almost every day on the days that I was fertile .my lmp was dec 30,2010 and as of today, feb 2 I don't have my period yet .my shortest cycle is 28 and longest is 33 but for the past couple months I've been regularly 30 days cycle.so my period shld hve been on the 29th of jan but nothing yet .

What's sad is that my blood test says negative ....pls advise me if this is an absolute indication that I am not pregnant ...I have had abdominal cramps for the past week now and I thought it was pms but now that am late.....but with the neg bld test ...why ? Could it still mean it is too soon ?

Replies would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• The pregnancy hormone takes longer to show in a blood test. Urine tests are more sensitive and the hormone shows in urine before blood. Have you taken a over the counter urine test yet?
  • Yeah to soon should wait to test 14 days after missed cycle
  • I'm sorry thats not true, blood test will detect the pregnancy hormone way before and a urine test will.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/understandpregnancytests.html
  • My friend didn't show up a positive blood test till 6 months!!!! She had really really low hormone.
  • My doctor told me that a blood test is the most accurate test you can take. I got a positive blood test 4 days after my missed period.
  • edited February 2011
    I read a bloodtest is most accurate but needs higher levels of the pregnancy hormone to detect. It also said urine tests are manufactured to detect the smallest amount of pregnancy hormone. Therefore it's common to have a positive urine test when an early blood test reads negative. I haven't asked a Dr., but read up on it (online) after this happened to my sister in law. Check with. Dr. because there are different opinions online depending where you look.
  • Thank you all ladies ...just an update I still haven't gotten my period today...my abdominal cramps seems to be an ongoing thing for the past week now as well as my lower back pain....I still am keeping my fingers crossed ! ! !

Also I've found a forum of women talking about how they all had negative blood test and still later found out that they are pregnant after all ...do you know anyone or did it happen to any of you ladies ?

Thanks again