babies last name?

edited April 2011 in Just for Fun
For the unmarried moms who's last name will your baby take and what your reasoning. I'm curious

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My son has my last name..we got married a few years later..but I kept my last name. And this baby will have my last name. Reasoning ..my husband doesn't like his last name and will changing one day to mine if he ever decides to fill out the paper work.
  • @firsttimemommytobe lol I've never though of it like that I always told my hubby now that the baby would take my last name unless we were married but you make a great point :)
  • My bfs as he is an active and willing partner if he would have taken off then mine
  • @Beatrice1436 I have never met a man that changed his last name that's cool and kind of sweet
  • I'm still using my ex husbands last night. Since he is not this lil guys daddy, I wont feel comfortable. I also think if your bd is a genuine great guy/ daddy it honors them.
  • My bf last name... I believe a child should bear his fathers name if he's a good father
  • @Beatrice
    Wow!! That's sincerely great.
  • Agreed with all points I never wanted my child and I to have a different name but... if we divorce (I pray to god we don't) we will still have diff last names
  • My bfs last name...we plan on getting married so having to change the baby's last name down the line would be silly.
  • well my first was born with my last name because his father was just the worst influence
    ever!! but then we ended up getting married (worst choice ever!!) and i felt bad that my then husband and i had the same last name and our son didnt so we changed his last name.. he is now in prison, has been for the past 4 yrs and the next 4! i remarried to a wonderful man! my point is.. i regret changing my sons name to his dads last name, he doesnt deserve to have his last name.
  • Another question if married and u divorce do you change your last name or leave it to be the same as the child why or why not?
    @lily_glz
    @Caiti5
    @Jamie77
    @roomforonemore
    @rissalee7
    @Beatrice1436
    @firsttimemommytobe
  • I wont have to change it because my son and this baby and myself still and will have my last name:)
  • Im single, and the bd and i have been friends with benefits for 6years. Im not seeing anyone, and neither is he. We practically live together, yet he doesn't want to date. Im 8w today, he still doesn't since 3 years this happened, he pushed abortion on me and its one of my biggest regrets. So im waiting to say something til month 3. But, i already plan on the baby having my last name. Only way i would give it the bds name, is if he wanted it to have it. Other then that, mine all wage way.
  • i changed my last name back.. if i wouldnt have changed my sons to begin with we'd still have the same last name right now :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My son has my last name bc my ex is a piece of crap and don't want my son to deal with having a different last name than me. But this baby will have my bf last name. Were gonna eventually get married after I graduate and I will change my sons name to his when we get married. My sister has 5 kids by 3 different guys and she sounds like a slut when you say their full names bc they have 3 different last names.
  • My other sister hyphenated her kids last name so they have hers and the fathers.
  • That's what I would be scared of having a dead beat dad and my child having his last name... not that my hubby is like that lol
  • @redhead25 sorry but the slut part made me laugh
  • Depending on reasons for mostly would only changed mine my child could keep the fathers name
  • I keep my married name. I like it my older kids said too. Plus I've been this name since 18. Feels a part of me. Idk how ilk feel if a new mrs. in his life takes the name but oh well I was first lol
  • Idk if I would change it back if we got divorced...honestly I'm having a girl and the girls last name changes anyway with marriage. So I'm not as concerned...if it were a boy I'd let him carry the fathers last name as long as he were a good man.
  • Lol my husband is the last to carry his family name other than our soon to be son.
  • @bwhite55019 lol it does though. My bf if the same way. The only one to pass down his name from his grandpa so the last name is very important for him. So were hoping for a boy...him for the name me bc I don't want anymore so if its a boy were done
  • It depends if my bf stays with me through the entire pregnancy and treats me right and is there for me when I need him the baby will have his last name but if he ditches out on me and acts like an a$$hole then the baby is going to have my last name
  • my daughter is getting my boyfriend / baby dad last name . and because my last name dont sound right with her name and its very important to him that our daughter got his last name .