Just curious. Can you ovulate on your af.

Im sorry I know it is a crazy question. I heard somewhere you can ovulate on your last day of your period. Just thought i I would ask.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HOdgeslangdon- girl I would lik to kno too cus I couls have sEx everyday of the weEk n a bfn. Nvr had sex on my af...who knows maybe we.ll gt s bfp lol
  • I don't think you ovulate endless you have the periods from hell. You can get pregnant with period sex if conditions are right. On average sperm live for 3 days some guys little guys live longer. Example sex and conception for my son were 6-7 days apart 5 days on this one.
  • Actually ovulation can very rarely take place during menstruation. It is very very rare however. Also when a women ovulates can very tremendously just as can the length of her cycle. The 28 day cycle with ovulation at day fourteen is an average that is used. Some women have 30 day cycles some have 26 and some have 52. I personally have a 29 day cycle and ovulate day 15 or 16 approximately.

Best way to know when you are ovulating is to determine your cycle length and then track your cervical mucous. Also basal body temp can also be tracked. :)
  • everyone isnt the same, I got pregnant the day after I came off my period. and I am 100% sure because we only had sex once that month..
  • @kubiorka7 how do you track your cervical mucas?
  • @babyluv8 when your mucus gets clear and stretchy...almost like snot then u are very fertile
  • Basically, the answer to the original poster is yes, you can ovulate the last day of your period. Even someone on a regular cycle can ovulate early, and then your period will be 14 days after the ovulation.
  • some of us ovulate after the 14 days I was supposed to ovulate on Dec 16 but I ovulated on Dec 26 that's what happened to me with my son also
  • I ovulate the day after my period ends. My cycles are really short and my periods are three to four days long. I frequently have two periods in a month. I tracked my cycle for 6 months before we started trying and it only took me two months to get pregnant. I think that having high fertility days right after your period ends is more likely than getting preg on your period.
  • I just want to say I got pregnant 4 days after my period ended. Sperm lives upto 7 days. That's what happened to me. So you def. Can be fertile.
  • @val the bfn might be from actually having too much sex?! lol have you tried every other day instead?!?! GOOD LUCK, we're ttc too and trying a couple different approaches.