Child Support Question.. I Dnt Want It...

THIS DISCUSSION HAS BEEN ANSWERED TO THE FULLEST BY MANY WOMAN & I EVEN CALLED A PLACE AN GOT QUESTION ANSWERED! THNK U ALL WHO REPLYED BACK AN ALL OF U CONTINUING TO LOOK TO HELP ME OUT MORE! THNK U. :)

Ok. 1st off i want NO negative comments or witty lil two cents put in.. i jus want a nice simple answer back. I'm overly emotional so DNT MAKE ME CRY! lol

Ok thn.. i live in St. Louis Mo. Me & My BoyFriend live together.. he works an my job is on hold.. we live w his mom & pay rent to her.... i also receive food stamps, which will probably be gone once i start workin, but i DO HAVE THM FOR ME now.

Here's my question. Will my boyfriend have to pay Child Support if we LIVE together an he helps an pays for everything pretty much? Cuz i do not want tht unless we possibly split.. & even thn, idk (no rude cmmnts plz) so yah, i called a lawyer & he said NO unless i put it on him.. thn i accidently called him bk thinkin i wuz talkin to sumone else about it. (Diff numbers same guy) now I'm to embarrassed to ask the food stamp question an i dnt wanna end up callin him bk.. if it wuz ANOTHER DIFFERENT person thn id ask.. so.. duz bf have to pay c/s even tho we live 2gethr an i have food stamps in st. Louis Missouri? Or duz anyone have a number i could call? Thnk u for ur time. Happy pregnancies!! Yay!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well I don't really kno about Missouri but I'm gonna assume it probably works the same everywhere ... you can't be forced to file child support unless ur getting. TANF (cash assistance) but I could be wrong.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wish I knew the answer but here in Oregon if the father helps support the child then he doesn't pay.

If you think about it though if he has to pay you can give it right back lol. Here also in Oregon they don't pursue child support as much as when you get cash assistance.

Good luck I really hope it works out but it should :)
  • @FirstTimeMommyToBe by social wrkr u mean the f/s lady right? I'm srry to ask but do u have a numbr for dept. of social services or a c/s office? I rather not call the fs lady cuz she's a rude b*tch. An i recently moved in w bf & havnt told fs lady tht i moved... idk if thts a prblm either...
  • Idk bout MO, but not in Indiana. If all ur getting is FS and not TANF. I have heard that some states make the BD pay for the babies medical expenses if on medicade and not together. But since u live n the same household that shouldn't apply either. Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • Here in,nm he wouldnt have to unless you were getting tanf and then broke up, but in ur case I doubt he would cause your only getinf food stamps and yall are together.
  • In wi if you lives together he's responsible for birthing costs only
  • edited April 2011
    if u don't wanna call the lady at chefs office call the local prosecutors office support decision. they know all the rules way better than the people at the welfare office.
  • @isaiahnjocelynsmommy @twinkiesmom @proudmomma well i ONLY get food stamps, nothing more. Do thy base it on the WHOLE HOUSE income? Cuz its me & bf & thn his mom & her bf, but we eat seperatly an pay rent. An food stamps should be gone once i start to wrk. I jus dnt see the need for thm to get c/s on him. An yah i could give it bk to him but he still has to snd it out or sunthing duznt he? I jus see it being stupid... cuz we live together & help each other out. Why should he get screwed w ths extra bill?
  • To everyone tht msged me bk. Thnk u. I'm on my phone so its taken me longer to respond.. ima call ths numbr right quick. Thnk u vry vry much
  • I highly doubt he will have to pay cause GE is already helping you support the baby. Now here they base it on how much my daughter and I have a month in income not others who live with me. My daughter and soon to be other daughter and I are considered a house hold alone.
  • Nj makes them even living in the house lol my state is oh so f in awsome nottt lol. Call and ask
  • If you tell them that you dont eat and prepare your meals together then they'll base it off the income for yu n bf. At least that's how it works here. N if he's supporting you n the baby it would be really unfair for him to be made to pay c/s
  • Got my answer, thy dnt go after for c/s on food Stamps only the cash one.. an hell have to help pay medical.. vuz its expensive. Cool beans, u all helped me a lot an i got my answeres! Thnk u tons.
  • Good ur lucky.
  • I agree @twinkiesmom thts y o didn't want c/s on him cuz thts unfair. An yet again thnk u all
  • I'm kinda glad on tht cuz its unfair if u live together but thy base it on income for the insurance only. I agree w tht part.
  • @girlsloveink-- i live in MI, im sure every state is different.. but here.. wether you get assistance or not, if you & your baby's father have the SAME address & live together (even if you dont & just use the same address) they will NOT go after him for child support, otherwise, if you live @ 2 seperate addresses, you dont even have to file, the state automatically files for you, as well as tacks on the bills for the dr's & the birth.. like i said, thats how it works where i live, but you should probably call friend of the court & ask just to be sure! :)
  • Did you already tell your caseworker that you're living together?? It might sound shady, but they don't really have to know that.
  • I meant living with the mom, not your bf.
  • In Tennessee they don't make them pay c/s if you live together. My husband and I lived together but were not married when our oldest daughter and because we were living together he didn't have to pay.
  • No i havnt told c/w i moved... i rly dnt care to either cuz I'm suppose to start wrkin sumtime soon so their gunna cancel em anyways probably.
  • If ur living wit bf while preg, its like having roommate. When baby is born then u and boyfriend are a family and have to be filed together. If u live with his parents and he is under 22, federal law mandates that everyone has to be together. But over 22 just u baby and bd are considered at ur request.
  • Yes I'm 24 an he will be 24 b4 the bby gets here.
  • Then u won't have prob as long as u report u live wit him. The only time cs is pursued is if there is an absent parent, a parent that does not live with the child.