just had the nuchal

edited April 2011 in October 2011
Pushed my due date fron 10/21 to 10/12... baby is great....dr wouldbt tell me the gender...go back in six weeks

Comments

• That's great! See nothing to worry about :)
  • Ok I'm clearly new to being prego, so.. what's a nuchal us?
  • @alilboulding I Nuchal Transperancy Screening is an ultrasound that is 25x magnified... they do this test between 12 & 14 weeks... they measure the thickness of the skin on the baby's neck as well as compare with a blood test ... this determines if there is a chance tht the baby has downs syndrome... SOME women have been able to see what the sex of the baby is during this exam... my tech said NO. :(
  • Ty for the info. Too bad they said no!
  • @alilboulding i know! as soon as i walked into the screening room the Dr. said " baby is too small to see the sex. you will come back for that... " UGH... He even found out that i was 9 days further along than originally told... so instead of being 11w5d i was 13w and he still wouldnt tell me.... now i have to wait till May 19th!
  • @mommyagain so I'm really nervous about this Pregnancy cuz i've had problems in the past.. n i had an initial check up last Tuesday (10 wks 2days). The doc was trying to reassure me that everythings ok n says "everythings fine. I'd offer to do a doppler n let u hear the heartbeat, but you're too apprehensive. " I was thinking Omg why'd she even tell me that! Def frustrating lol.
  • Had mine done last week. I'm due Oct 7
  • :) good to hear! May 16th will come fast! Or u can always get the 4d gender done before hand?
  • Had mine last thurs. It was neat. Go back May 13th at 18wks to find out the gender. Yay!
  • @alilboulding Dont stress honey... all will be ok.. the more you stress the more you can cause complications... i still have not heard the heartbeat... and im 13weeks!

@caiti5 I wanna get the 3d/4d when im like 30 weeks so i can see facial features and stuff more clearly... right now its still in the process of looking human like.. LOL it better go by fast. LOL

• I know what u mean haha...lots of people can't wait and get the gender one AND the one later on haha. I couldn't afford one :( but I love seeing the 4d then the picture of baby when its born!
  • @caiti5 i can't afford two.... Am scraping to get the one! They aren't tooooooooo pricey here... The package Im thinking of getting is about $65 i don't get many printout pictures but i get em on disc so i can print em myself. :)
  • Go for mine monday what should I expect?
  • @mybambino28 a pretty easy ultrasound. Mine gave me my first picture.... Took some measurements...said everything looked good and it was over. Was in the room maybe 15-20 minutes. Just enjoy the time u get to watch the screen.... My baby looked huge to me....
  • Lol ive had 2 u/s already and they grow so fast ill be 12 weeks wednesday ..thanks :) im such a worrier lol
  • @mybambino28....i had one at 8 weeks...it looked like a peanut... Now at 13weeks weeks it was soooo big. Lol i seem to be worrying alt this pregnancy too.... Been a long time since I've been thru this.... My older kids are 14 & 11!
  • wow what a gap lol my mother in laws kids range from 25 to 9. Im a first timer but had a previous mc in 09 is it. normal to worry this much?
  • Maybe for you.... I've never had a mc. So i dont know. I wasn't this paranoid with my other two pregnancies. ...Maybe cuz i was so young...(. 16 &19..years old when i had em.....) dont stress too much... Its not good for u two... @mybambino28
  • Thanks I try not to. Good luck :)
  • Maybambino28 .... yes In my opinion it is normal to worry A LOT I've also mc'd twice mar 07 and April 09 they were both very early pregnancy mc's but still hard. All I do is tell my self what will be; will be. I pray all the time and try to take care of myself and growing baby. That's all you can do now.
    Hope everything goes well for all of us.
  • I had mine Friday EDD oct 12th found out it's a boy!
  • @jess510 we have the same edd. ...!!
  • I know! is it your first? This is mine
  • @jess510. ..No its my third....but feels all new to me....my youngest kid is 11! Lol
  • Aahh, I have one this Monday.
    Is it normal to be soooo worried?!?
    I'm going for the Nuchal Translucency Testing and genetics counseling?
    Anyone know how the genetics testing goes?
  • I do That on Tuesday. I am hoping my boyfriend can take the day off and just in case They can tell the sex. I am excited to see baby so close up. Did you get pictures of the baby
  • @mom2be_sherryy i was nervous too... but i didnt have to see a generics counselor.... hope all goes well.
  • @samantha as soon as i walked in the room the dr said "look baby is too small to determine sex...so all we r looking at today is the measurements of the neck" i was so sad. :( i had my bf take the time ff work too! Oh well we got to see our little minion on tye screen... yes we got two pics....pretty much the same picture but one is zoomed. Good luck!
  • @mom2be_sherryy The genetic testing is easy. They do an us, take blood and you talk with a genetic counselor, who gets a thorough family history from you. They take all of the info and put it together to tell you the odds of baby having various genetic problems (downs, trisomy 18, cystic fibrosis, etc) after the blood results come in.

I'm doing the Sequential Screen test, so I go back tomorrow for another blood test, then the 20 week us on May 16 for final results.