Dating After Baby... Was/Is It Hard?

edited April 2011 in Single moms
I'm not pregnant nor do I have any kids yet? This is a question for the single mommies and mothers (pregnant or not) who aren't with the bd but have a boyfriend or husband.

After you had your child was it hard getting back into the dating game? How long after baby did you wait?

Comments

• It wasn't hard, you just look for different things. I didn't start dating until my boys were a year old, & I dated him for 8 months before I really introduced him to my kids. They had seen him, but he was just a friend to them. I wouldn't let him near the boys until I knew it would last for awhile. He and I were together until the boys were almost 8. When I started dating my fiance now, I did the samething, more to protect the boys, but he and them clicked immediately, & they are inseparable now. I worked with him, & we would go out just as friends, both of us had gone through a bad marriage, so we leaned on each other. Our friends figured we were a couple before we figured it out. I think its the best way to be in a relationship, & he's my ever after. :)
  • Aww....
  • It took me about a year and a half to two years. I wanted the right guy to be there for my daughter. Her dad was a let down to her, I can't take another man doing that to her. I've had a few step dads in my life. My dad was never there, and my step dads was all jerks... except the one I got now. I didn't want my daughter going through that. If I was talking to someone I wouldn't introduce them to my daughter till I knew for sure. And I met my man I have now and he's the best to her. Better than her own dad, just like my step dad. :) and now were having a daughter together.