any military wifes and soon to be moms suffereing from the pay cut?

edited April 2011 in Military moms
I can't belive that. Cut the pay by 50% or more. Its alrdy hard enough. Ugh why wud the government do this. Do they not undersatnds what its doing to the families and most of all the hard working military men. They r under contract. Its not like they can quit and find another job. My husband is pissed. 10 yrs in the Army and they do this to him!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I talked to someone about that and they said that there is something set-up for you guys called "navy-marine relief fund". Its something you could look into...I dunno what it is but I looked into to see what they were doing to help you guys:)
  • I'm a mom with two & expecting as well, this pay cut is going to hurt our family so bad! My husband was so stressed about it lastnight, he did not sleep. I don't know what we're going to do. :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They r saying they might not get paid till may! My husband is an E6 and its effecting us bad. Why them why. Our hero's, if it wasn't for them we wudnt have our freedom. He has gone thro 2 deployments for this for our country for the government to do this!
  • its 50 percent pay cut for the 15th and if they don't resolve it our pay will be 0!
    But my husband came home and his command said that we should only be afftected the 15th and be back paid on may 1st..if they don't figure something out by midnight if they do then all will stay the same and the LES will update to our real pay.
  • But that's not a forsure thing for the back pay. I jus can't believe this, our men don't get enough back for what they have done for the whole USA! They better figure out something
  • Yes the backpay is a sure thing..they have to pay us..when who knows.
  • I just wanted to say thank you! To your spouses and loved ones who serve and to you the family that sacrifice because of their service...my hubby is civilian and is being furloughed but I have him home everynight I pray that this resolves and that our soldiers are safe and come home safely to you...can't stop crying I hurt so bad for you ladies... I hope this is resolved and you are all taken care of
  • Now Obama want to veto the bill the Rep, jus passed to soley pay the military back. He threatens to veto and call it a distraction!
  • Im active duty my hubby stays home with the kids im due july 10 also only an e2. It is very hard to save money with aimited income and a family to support. Were getting half our pay on,the 15 and who knows when if or how much we will get paid next. Dont know about orher e1 2 and 3s but we struggle with our fullpay. I joined to support my family and signed a contract to ensure a steady paycheck. No one should work for feee especially my brothers and sisters in arms. But we cant quit and find a new job. My heart goes out to the spouses of fallen soldiers who wont recieve any death benifits, their loved ones joined and payed the price of freedom thinking thier families would be taken of. They gave everything for thir country and the ones who suffer thier loss get nothing. Think about that mr congress man when you put on your fancy suit and when your paycheck comes. Because the ones who deserve a pay check arent getting one. They arent paying their bills or going grocery shopping.... I hope you overpaid men and women know what your doing
  • while 400,000 federal works will ge affected if this government shutdown does accur, they get pay cuts or not even paid at all. While the president and the senators still get there full pay checks. Wow that's bullshit.
  • Everyone is getting paid now. Shutdown was averted
  • YAY husbend just called and told me thats great i was getting kinda scared with 2 three year olds and a baby on the way we need all the $ we can get :)
  • That's great news. I was worried as hell!! Escpecially since I'm due in june
  • Yeah i was sooo mad!!! My husband only getting half is just not enough! So they didnt pass it??
  • Yeah it was a relief for us too. I'm due next month and on bedrest right now so my hubby's income is all we have.

They passed something that is temporary but enough to keep the government open.
  • I'm so glad they figured out the budget.