tricare?

edited April 2011 in Military moms
So i just switched from tricare prime to standered what should i exspect? have any of ya mommas switched

Comments

• Standard is a lot better! I hated prime! U can only go on base n get refered out n I'm sorry but a lot of military bases doctors/hospitals suck! standard u can go to a doctor of base within the network and there more caring I think....plus standard isn't so strick on how u recive care
  • That's just my person experience tho
  • thank you @new_army_mom ive had ok dr viests on prime but moving back home and the nearest tcp ppl is like 70miles away so i rather have my old dr that knows me and is supper nice lol
  • Well I have standard. Don't expect to receive routine ultrasounds unless there's something wrong. Example: vaginal bleeding, unknown date of last menstrual period, etc. They have a complete list of things online. Tricare tries to avoid paying for alot of things so make yet that ur procedures r covered before ahead of time.
  • Tricare will cover 3 ultra sounds and anything that is needed the only thing they won't cover is to find out the sex or to see the baby but that's it other then that they pay for pretty much everything I mean I have had tricare for 3 years and haven't had a problem except when I had prime I hated it! After about 6 months of prime I switched back to standarded the other thing they won't pay for is a private room but other then that ur covered
  • I love having standard. I move back home during deployments and the nearest base is about 45 minutes away so its easier and I just stay on it when I live in Cali.

I haven't had any problems and I get ultrasounds every like 4 weeks cuz that's how my Dr. Does it and I haven't had a problem with tricare not covering it.