My frustration with Moderators

edited April 2011 in Pregnant

Comments

• i think this post applys to every forum i have ever seen... i just joined today but from some of the things that i have been reading it seems there is just reason for you to post this.. i also read the rules b4 posting anything and dont believe you broke any rules except "DISCRETION IS APPRECIATED"
  • This is very tasteful and well formed. I feel the exact same way. Thank you for this post, I think you've summed up what a lot of people have been trying to say.
  • @polynesianprincess I can see how that is possible, Thanks for bringin that to my attention. I just didnt know another way to find other members who shared my views in order to make actually make a difference. Ohterwise, I would probably continue to be ignored.
    @BkE913 :)
  • edited April 2011
    I agree with everything you said. It was respectful and got straight to the point! I have been wanting to say something like you did but I feel like I wouldn't write it as well as you did.
  • Well said..we need more like you. on here.
  • 100% agree with you @Boho_Chic
  • edited April 2011
    ^:)^ I'm with ya, like u said most of them are pretty good! I think @martin should read ur post.
  • Well said n I was talking to my friend who happenes to. Work at sprint n told her to down load pregly n she did ..she didn't like whwt she saw...she said we was beening mistreated n looked after like kids..I believe she said she was gonna presonnal email Martin. N tell him how this app is beening ran ..its against sprint guide lines to feature such a app..we r beening stripped of are. RIGHTS n they can be sued .I .know one rite we r beenng screwed on freedom of speach..as long as no one is threating or harming no one there is no need to delete or. Close discussion's ... I'm just saying no need to jump on me but something must. Be done.
  • Sorry for misspelled. Words dam touch screen. Phone's
  • Well said i have a post about a similar situation
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • As always, if there is something you don't agree with, have questions or concerns--contact @Martin. While there are actions taken, we can't get to every issue, nor can we treat every issue as a blanket solution. Each situation requires different actions. Just because you don't see anything that a user did that was against guidelines (we do edit, delete & the like) doesn't mean that the actions are not validated. We do remove the offensive ones to help reduce any more issues that undoubtably arise from said comments. However, making this thread is just adding to the issues. @Mama_Kat, @Twn_Angels, @fingerscrossed ALL work very hard to make this a nice place.

Mrs Del Rae, Pregly Support
  • edited April 2011
    Agreed
  • edited April 2011
    :)
  • I agree definitely a check and balance system is needed but this is one issue that is not being addressed but is a problem for a large amount of the users on pregly I emailed @Martin like they said but I guess it takes a while for him to respond I'm not really comfortable messaging the moderators because I don't know how they r selected and I have seen some throw slugs themselves at users but I still think they r needed just curious to how they r selected
  • @Babyluv_3 There are guidelines on this forum for a reason. @Martin made them, as users of the forum we all need to agree with them & follow them in order to help Pregly run smoothly. While opinions are ALWAYS welcome, its how it is worded. Just because its an opinion doesn't warrant the user to be rude about it.

@preggointx We were selected by @Martin, he came to each of us & asked us to join the team.
  • I love the moderators but does feel a little like a communist run government if someone says something that is bad the whole dang thread gets shut down why not just remove the comments causing problems and I understand being descrite but I feel like we just keep being censored ..its almost like they should just tell me what to think and say because I keep screwing up when I say what I feel
  • I didnt mean to take so long to respond, but immediately after I posted this my computer and log in started acting up.. suspicious, thats never happened. I think they sent an "act up bug" to me on the internet, JK. But that was very strange tome, for a minute I thought I had been banned, lol.
    @kansasmomma Im glad I was able to help put your thoughts into words.

@singlemomofsoontobe3 (I know your name by heart now, I didnt even have to look) #:-s

@Cali83 I wrote something brief to @martin before, again got no response. I understand he is busy, but I know he would hate being away and coming back seeing all the 10,000 memebers were driven away by the 4 moderators. Thanx for tagging him though, I forgot about that part.

@Babyluv_3 Thats how I feel, like WTH, this is the world wide web where you can say whatever you want. i know this is not facebook, but facebook has milllions of memebers, you dont see people gettiing banned and discussions getting closed because there is a disagreement. People who choose to entertain those things can have the drama associated with them and their profiles. Eventually it stops. With no harm to oany people resulting from it, and if it does happen then they have a paper trail to give over to the poilice. Im so with you, and after I read your post the second time I was able to understand.

Its frequently said its all in the way you word things, but I find moderators defending their rationale and their words, so obviously the way speak to people is not effective if you stll have people offended by your words and your the one who is supposed to be sorrect the offenses. At that point you have stepped to their level. But that is ok. Then after every "its against forum guidelines" I find why, and a brief, often incorrect, synopsis on something they formulated in their heads to accompany their words. Thats when people get offended. How about its against forum guidelines, because it violates this rule, end of story. They also say dont judge, then judge peoples charecter, calling them rude etc. Maybe that is just the persons disposition, everyone didnt grow up in the same commmunity and communicate different. Im just so frustrated, because I wanna stay, because I do gain some thigns from this place, but too much stuff gets under my skin. Its like they make up the rules as they go, seems like a power trip. Eliminating valuable members with accurate information, but you stay and more members than moderators have an issue with that(not speaking of anyone directly.)
  • edited April 2011
    @saylorsmommy so true, It reminds me of the movie "Mean Girls" they are the Plastics. They run everything, lol. Moderators dont be offended by my sense of humor.

@MrsDelRae I feel otherwise, but if your feelings about it outweigh mine, then please do what you need to do. I am aware of what you all do, and how you do it. I couldl have easily been offended by your post, but I choose to take the other road. The issues will continue as long as The Moderators continue to handle situations as they have. For instance, this one. Noone here has been offensive, nor got into a frenzy about this post, but when I read your comment I feel it is coming from a different angle. Its like a division of the people and the government. Isnt that why wars are started, just saying. If you all can not take constructive criticism from the members, why are you all in charge? Just like you want to make it a better place, we would like to have a nice place to come to when we come to pregly, where we are comfortable and feel some sense of freedom to blog and express, is that not what this is? If you feel this should have been sent in a private message, then you should lead by example, and should have sent your message in a private message. Not once did you try to be undersanding to the members who felt the same way I do, nor say we will have a moderators meeting to discuss what it is the members would be more happy with so we can work out a plan to achieve it , you just continued to make excuses for you alls behavior. That is another place my issue lies. I am mvery aware of you all working hard to achieve "Pregly Nirvana" but if your a fisherman laying brick ont he job, the work you put in will not head the desired results. Try taking a step back and putting yourself in our shoes. @MArtin,@Mama_Kat, @Twn_Angels, @fingerscrossed.
  • @Preggointx I also think they are needed, and initially was a bit curios to the selection process, from what I know, based ont the text the first one was selected because of her ability to be so supportive, but if thats what it takes, I feel you should stick to your guns and continue to be supportive. Not sure if its always the case, but on the post i have recently scene, the supportiveness is barely there anymore.
  • @MrsDelRae, in regaurds to your statement to babyluv, the guidelines are being followed, but taking offenseand being rude is up to each individual readers discretion, so how do you all judge that on everyones behalf? Especially i fyou have this biased opinion based on a complaint from one or 2 veiwers, what about the 1000 that see nothing wrong with it?
  • @desertrose, you took the words right out of my mouth. I agree, because obviously thinking for myself is the wrong thing to do here.

@simplyraven22406 also true, about people invollved in altercations. Honestly, if they get really smart they will inbox each other. if it never got to that level then obviously the issue is only surface deep and not as major as the measures taken to remove it. For those women who want to complain: How about not taking the time out to validate someones simplicity. Ignore them, you dont need to make a response to every insult they throw at you. (I know im always talking like this, i cant help it I was raised by old people, lol) But the horse that you feed will live and the other will die, so lets be conscious of what we feed in to.
  • @mrsdelrae, @Mama_Kat, @Twn_Angels, @fingerscrossed, @martin why is it that my discussion has not made it to the top? was it sunk?
  • edited April 2011
    its like this post is on a differnt time zone or something only in the mini feed though.. Whats up with that?
  • I completely agree with you