No ultrasound...yet

edited April 2011 in October 2011
Im 14wks tomorrow and havent had ultrasound. Im getting really irritated that I been waiting for one. is anybody else still waiting for their 1st ultrasound?

Comments

• Yep, I am:( 13 weeks today havnt even heard the heartbeat but my next apt is Tuesday and ill get the doppler then...no u/s tho until I'm 17-18 weeks. I'm extremely frustrated and impatient but that's just how my doc does it and he's the best in town so I trust him..
  • I've done the doppler already. My doctor told me the hospital cant afford ultrasounds that are just for "fun". So I think I might just change hospitals and health plans because they're being cheapos because my health plan. I feel like i'm missing out on moments of my pregnancy
  • I only had 2 ultrasounds - one around 16 weeks and the other around 20 weeks. My practice doesn't do more than that unless medically necessary - and it's one of the best in Louisville and we have great insurance. That's just how it is. As long as the heat beat is strong - there's no medical need.
  • @maggie thats understandable. The heartbeat is strong. But it would be nice to just see the lil guy in there. It's my first pregnancy, well second I had a miscarriage and also I had an ultrasound at 8wks with my first pregnancy, so it gets me kinda mad that the same hospital is making me wait longer this time around.
  • Because I had a miscarriage my Dr. has givin mr four u/s and im 12 weeks tomorrow! Then I also go to the mfm and I get an ultrasound there on the 21st! So good luck!!
  • i just heard my baby's heartbeat yesterday. n it's amasing u'll b happy. :). But i won't get my fist u/s til 19 weeks. so all we have to do is wait.
  • I will be 20 weeks saturday && yet and still I never had an ultrasound which really sucks so im thinking about changing doctors asap
  • Shouldnt you have 2 ultrasounds defo on around 12 weeks (the nuchal one if wanted also a dating scan) and then ananomly one at around 20 weeks to check everythings ok? thats the UK though no sure about us but from what ive read on here its pretty much about the same
  • I'm allowed 2 ultrasound . I got my first one when I first found out and it was vaginal ,I dnt get my next one till I'm 20 weeks. Ladies u guys are so right this waiting is for the birds. This is my FIRST BABY and I am 15 weeks and I have 5 more to see him again ( they think its a boy
  • I will be 17 wks tomorrow and haven't had a single u/s! We have to wait til 21 wks for our anatomy scan! I am going crazy! So many women have had at least one already! So jealous of everybody who knows gender already!!
  • I'm 15 weeks and my doc said there is absolutely no way he is telling me before 21 weeks, so i'm going to our pregnancy resources here in town, they do ultrasounds for free :) you may look for one where you live
  • I had one at 12 weeks for due date confirmation, one at 21 weeks for gender and fluid levels, and one today at 36 weeks for baby measurement and fluid levels.
  • I'm 16 weeks & will be havin my very 1st one May 18th when I'm 19 wks. It's my fetal growth/anatomy one so I find out what I'm havin the 1st time I get to see my baby! I think it depends if ur clinic has ultrasound available there. If not, I think they'll only send u for ur regular u/s. & it also depends on the status of the pregnancy. If there are no concerns, they wont send u for a whole bunch. But I feel ur pain! I'm sooo anxious & wish I could've gotten more @ this point!
  • Heard heartbeat at 15 weeks don't get ultrasound till May 17th at 20 weeks exactly