blood pressure problem (sorry so long)

edited April 2011 in Second Trimester
So about 3 weeks ago I noticed a difference in my blood pressure. The first reading that day was 136/90. I am usually really low. On march 28 top was 141...on april 1st it was 144... On april 2nd I went to the er because I felt like i was having a heart attack, my blood pressure was taken four different times ranging from 136-144/53-63 and my pulse was 72-132...on 4/7 153/79 and my pulse was 101...4/9 it was 150/73 and pulse was 105.
My concern is my doctor is invalidating the possibility of a problem because of how far she believes I am, which I believe is off anyway?! What should I do?

Comments

• How far along are you?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I estimate 17 w 3d the doctor says 16w 2d, but the baby is measuring big
  • The due date didn't line up with my last period either
  • What does your bp normally register? You said earlier that you were really low normally, so I was wondering. I normally read 90/60 and if my bp goes up to 110 or higher I feel like I'm havnig a heart attack. And since your bps are varying by much now, it might just be that you have higher bp because your pregnant, and the second trimester is when bp normally raises anyway because of the baby's development. (I'm a paramedic, so this is the textbook answer.) On the flip sde, if you still aren't comfortable with what your Dr is telling you or that you think he/she isn't listening, then by all means you need to seek a second opinion, it's better not to stress. Just trying to say it's not that unheard of for bp to raise like this. If it was going up and down for no apparent reason, I would be more worried. Sorry that it's kind of long, I hope it answers your question, at least partially.