Im having 2 baby showers!

edited April 2011 in Baby showers
My bf family surprised me by having a shower set for June 18th. My family is supposed to do a shower for me in July. I'm confused as to how I should do my baby registry. Should I create 2 seperate lists for each shower or just put all my items on one list the first time? I just don't want his family to buy everything and my family wouldn't know what to get.

Comments

• WOW! You should make one list. But ask the most important people on your side what they were thinking of getting you. For instance if you parents were thinking of getting you the stroller than dont put it on the registry and just tell your parents which you wanted. And so forth with like your sister or brother.
  • I had two showers and just registered at a few places (babys r us,target,etc). In my experience most people don't buy off the registry they end up getting what they think is cute. I hope your showers go great!!!
  • I think I might just do one list so that way I don't have to worry about doing another registry.
  • another idea is to do your first list and put a few things on it...like only one of the sets of sheets u like...and one type of bottle and so on...then after ur first shower see what u didnt and did get then update ur registry with the new stuff for the second one...i know @ target u can update as many times as u need 2...and when its over u get like 15 or 20% off what is left on ur registry if u come in and buy it....so make sure 2 put everything that u think u might want on it b4 its all over...
  • But yeah that's true a lot of people don't shop off the registries.. I see it all the time. I work at Babies R Us! But yeah this should be fun and interesting having 2 showers. Some of my bf family is coming from Nigeria for the baby shower so I'm having 2 big showers :).
  • @vanalkr really!!!! I didn't know that! I'm excited now : )
    Anyone know if Babys R Us does this?
  • @jess510 they give you 10% at bru
  • @felicia89 you ladies made my day! But at.Target is it 15 or 20? How about Walmart?
  • I never knew about Target and at Walmart I don't think so. I hope target does the 20 lol cus I love Target :)
  • I'm having 2 also =) one in AZ and on in Cali
  • @jess510 Target does 10%