is insomnia kicking in for anyone else?

edited April 2011 in October 2011
I yawn alittle bit but I can't seem to fall asleep Ntm its Sooo hard to get comfortable my moms like it only gets worse. I used to lay on my stomach and pass out in minutes but now laying on my stomach makes me sick.

Comments

• I can never sleep anymore! I'm almost 14 weeks btw. It's no fun at all lol
  • I feel like I haven't slept for 2 months! And I'm not due till october! How bad will it be by then?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I also am on the insomnia road. I am 19 weeks tomorrow and tired during the day but wide awake at night! I miss my herbal sleeping pills.. : ((
  • i have lost my knack for sleeping lol luckily im 31 weeks...so not tooo much further now
  • It takes me forever to fall asleep, im 26 wks and have had this issue for weeks. Doesnt matter how tired i am its so difficult to fall asleep! Finding a comfortable position only lasts so long too... this is really getting old.
  • Im there with ya. I was so uncomfortable last night. Hip pain was horrible. I take. Tylenol pM but still couldn't sleep.
  • Me! Can't sleep and tired all the time!
  • Everynight:( I can go to sleep but then usually wake up for at least an hour or 2 a night......sooooo annoying!
  • Kicking is my cause of insomnia lol
  • At first I couldnt stay awake then I went through a period when I couldnt sleep for anything now its just kinds mixed, I take long walks when the weather is nice and at times I park my car and catch the bus so that by the time I get home I'm exhausted. cant wait til the summer. I live in buffalo ny so the weather sucks here. But do things that will tire you then try to get a good rest
  • I work 2nd shift nights as a nanny and almost every night i leave to come home and once I'm home it takes me like an hour to get back to sleep.
  • I've Always had a problem with insomnia. I take a tylenol pm at night
  • Im 32 weeks and can never fall asleep. Maybe my body is preparing me for when the baby comes.
  • I am having the hardest time sleeping at night. its so annoying I am up til after midnight every night then I wake up super early. and if I am tired during the day I cant seemt to fall asleep to take a nap :(
  • It was driving me crazy there for a lil while but I've found that if i stay really active during the day and get at least a 45min power walk in then I'm much more tired at night so i just collapse! Lol
  • im 30 weeks today and i fall asleep but wake up every 2 to 3 hours. i told my husband its my body preparing me for the battle when the baby is finally here. but im able to take naps during the day about 2 to 3 hours at a time
  • I'm 34 weeks and can't sleep a wink at night...I sure don't have a problem taking a short nap in the middle of the day though! lol I used to be a tummy sleeper too and it's still hard to fall asleep on my side...try the Febreze lavender fabric freshener...spray a lil on your pillow before bed...lavender is a natural relaxer...it helps me sometimes...other times nothing will help...guess it's all to blame on pregnancy and your body getting you ready for sleepless nights wis
  • KindA for me.. I can fall asleep but I wake up 3 or 4 times and its hard to go back to sleep. Having intense dreams so maybe that's why.. hope u ladies sleep better too!
  • Omg..i havent slept a full night for weeks now....i can take great naps after work and on the weekends though....my leg cramps arent making it any easier...dr said take benadryl or tylenol pm but i dont want to become dependent on them to fall asleep
  • @kyfriedmommy i was getting charlie horses at night time so i started taking one potassium supplement pill at night time and i havent gotten any cramps or charlie horses!
  • Omg I have had this prob ever since I conceive . I go to sleep at 12 and my eyes POP open at 2:30 ,smh . I really thought I was to early for this to be happening(15weeks) I guess not
  • I haven't slept good in 5years since I was pregnant with my first. My sleeping schedule is out of wack with kids. I'm so tired.
  • @jcmommy I so agree with u, my ldest will b 5 in may, I wish I could sleep like i used to!
  • @pregnantlettrmama mines will be 5 in may also.*high five*
  • The best gift I have received in my LIFE: a body pillow from my wonderful sister. I couldn't fall asleep at all before I got it. Lay sideways with the top under your head and the bottom between your legs. Its best to have your shoulders and head laying on a thinner pillow. I didn't think it would work but it def does.
  • I do the same with the pillow however u ladies should each ask Yer dr before taking my advice but my dr said tylenol pm and benadryl were both safe to take In the second and third trimester however the first he insists on taking nothing because everything is so crucial at that time so I take a benadryl when my allergys r bothering me at night and if not I take 2 tylenol pm. Hope this helps!
  • I'm 20 wks tomorrow have a pregnancy pillow and the insomnia is only getting worse and so is the anxiety. :/
  • My doctor as well told me I could take benedryl , and he also prescribe sumthg for me but I never took it
  • I sleep all the time during the day but when I wanna go to bed my body says nope its not happening ugh lol