military shot??

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
What is the name of the shot they give to peoplegoing through basic training from the military? What does it do?and what does it make them immune to?

Comments

• @Boho_chic They vaccinate against everything. Its more than one shot and usually a series of them. Boosters, smallpox, i believe they still give anthrax, maliria pills if ur deploying to a region that requires it.
  • My hubby isn't in basic but he did just get the anthrax shot a few weeks ago.
  • edited April 2011
    @cetheridge does that include varcilla,rubella, hepetitis?
  • @boho_chic If they're not utd on them they will vaccinate. My son just had to habe blood drawn because our last base lost his shot records and they had to verify that he was utd. Even though he cant have the varcilla anymore.
    @navybabyonway make sure u dont touch his injection site, contaminated clothing or bandages
  • @cetheridge luckily they did there shots right before a field exercise so I wasn't around him for a while.

But why shouldn't you touch it? I don't know much about it.
  • @cetharidge Does that protect them from all of these things? or it offers some protection in the event of exposure?
  • @boho_chic most of the vaccinations are what we got growing up and throughout school. They're a preventitive measure more than a.gurantee. the vercella for instance is just a chickenpox vacc but my son was one of the rare cases.where he got shingles from the shot.
    @navybabyonway it is my understanding that if ur preg, weakened immune system etc that if can cause serious problems. Smallpox more so tham anthrax, smallpox if u touch the site, clothing, bandages then.say touch ur eye u can get smallpox in ur eye amd cause blindness etc
  • @cetheridge you seem very informed. Thank you for that info.
  • @boho_chic np my husband has sufferes through enough army vaccs that we could probably market his blood like they do snake venom haha. And after my son had that reaction to the vac i really started researching what they were injecting my poor baby with. When i was born in 83 the cdc required 4-5 vacs by age 18 (not including boosters) now pooe kids are subjected to something like 13 time they reach prek. Preg w a lil girl now and over my dead body will they give her hpv vac
  • edited April 2011
    @cetharidge I feel the same way, In my state they are trying to charge people with child abuse for not getting all vaccines. But its like, Im not subjecting my child to God, knows what for experimentation. (revised) Over my dead body will they take my children because I diclined a new vaccine.
  • @boho_chic take the varcella vacc chickenpox is a childhood illness some kids dont ever get them. But at 19 months my son got shingles from their "preventitive" medicine. They give adults moriphine for the pain what can u give a toddler? He got tylenol for it. Now at almost 6 years old he still suffers from sore/stiff joints. When there was a % of a chance he would have never even gotten chickenpox now for the rest of his life he has to deal w the side effects from that vac
  • @cetharidge Im sorry tohear that. warm baths will help his aching joints. I once had a client with major nerve damage. He invested in a hot tub which really helped his stiff joints loosen up. also massages. Im not a big fan of meds, but thanks for the advice.