help! strange achiness between thighs

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
Im only a day shy of 15 weeks and im experiencing a strange achiness in the joints of my inner pelvic region/thighs like I've been horseback riding. I walk around like im 80 yrs old. I seem to notice it more at night. What cld it b?

Comments

• Maybe round ligament? I'm really not sure but I have heard a lot about it.
  • I get it when I lau down too long or sit, I went to dr. todau she said its a ligament that is stretching
  • srry fat finger small keyboard lol
  • Could be pelvic girdle pain. You'll need to chat with your doctor about it who may refer you to a physiotherapist. It's basically because your producing a lot of the hormone Relaxin which softens the ligaments around your pelvis ready for birth. But sometimes we produce too much and that can result in the pelvis and Symphesis Pubis being too relaxed and causing a lot if pain and discomfort. In the meantime sleep with a pillow between your knees, get out of bed with your knees together and practice pulling in tummy muscles - like hugging baby in your tummy - when walking it and about. These are the tips my physiotherapist gave me when I suffered with pelvic girdle pain at 20 weeks and they worked a treat
  • @newmomma15 @sarahbeara @Tishlamort Thx! I feel better now after sleeping, but after a long day, it feels really achy. I dunno if its ligaments since its in my thigh joint...probably more like the pelvic floor. It does feel veter when I put a pillow btw my legs or rest it on DH at night. Ill try pulling in my tummy muches and check with my doc (my next appt isn't until may 4).
  • Hope you figure it out! It sucks having pains especially when u don't know what they are.